For Dread Hunger beginners, this is an assortment of hints, tips, and tricks from the developers themselves! This covers the basics and is a great place to start off.
- Stoves and wood burners can be found in the main ship or at different locations throughout the world. Both stoves and wood burners provide a source of heat, with stoves having the added benefit of enabling players to cook a variety of recipes.
- Lanterns and campfires are an ‘out and about’ heat source, with campfires having the added benefit of basic cooking.
- Tents, caves, and igloos have varying levels of insulation. Add fuel to the provided heat source or build a campfire at these locations to keep the cold at bay.
- Night/Day cycle: Night is much colder so be cautious venturing too far afield.
- Raw meat is harvested from dead animals and can be eaten raw or cooked on a campfire/stove. For Explorers, raw meat has less nutrition than cooked meat.
- Blubber is harvested from dead seals and can be eaten raw, added to stews or used as a crafting ingredient.
- Human meat is harvested from dead people… it can be eaten raw or cooked on a campfire/stove. Thralls love human meat…
- Body parts can be gathered by cutting up dead people’s bodies. They can be added to stews at a stove.
- Stews are very nutritious and wholesome.
Crafting / Cooking
- Crafting is performed at a workbench. Here you can create weapons and other various pieces of equipment.
- Cooking is done at a stove. You can make food, tea, poison, and its antidote. In a pinch, you can cook raw meat on a campfire.
- Passive healing is tied to hunger – the fuller you are the faster your health regenerates.
- Laudanum is a healing tonic. It can be consumed as is, or crafted into a syringe to be more effective.
- When a player is ‘down’ (crawling), they will need to rest to recover. They can crawl there, or be carried by a teammate to a bed where they will be revived. A jab from a laudanum syringe will also do the trick.
- Beds can be found in the main ship or at different locations throughout the world.
- Right-Click items to quick transfer between your personal inventory and containers, bodies, stoves, workbenches etc.
- Certain items of the same type can be stacked.
- Be wary of weight – it’ll slow you down.
The naughty stuff…
- Bone daggers are used to cast spells (Hold Right-Click, select, then Left-Click). Anyone found carrying these, could be deemed untrustworthy. The safest place for these is at the bottom of the ocean.
- Totems are built by Thralls to increase the power of spells (Press Q, select, then Left-Click). If found by an Explorer… destroy the totem on sight.
- Thralls can thwart the expedition through many means:
– Poisoning food (craft poison and drag onto food to taint it).
– Blowing up the ship (add gunpowder to barrels, drop them, and set them alight).
– Sabotaging the boiler (simply add gun powder when the boiler is running).
That’s all we are sharing today in Dread Hunger Hints and Tips for Beginners, if you have anything to add, please feel free to leave a comment below, and we’ll see you soon.
Credit to TRNDSTTR
- Scrapnaut Complete Food Recipes Guide
- Deep Despair: Beginner’s Guide (Tips & Tricks)
- Urban Tale: Cook, Prepare and Sell Guide
- No Man’s Sky Refining, Cooking and Crafting Guide
- Valheim How to Cook a Lot of Food Quickly