How to Unlock GYAO!
How to Care for GYAO!
- Meals – Gyao’s hunger level is on the management screen. The amount of food portions you have given your fish will be displayed as you feed them.
Food makes everyone happy
Ate too much, feeling full
- Play – Play with Gyao to increase its level of affection. A game is available in which three shells will move, and you must find the pearl hidden under one of them.
- Clean – Press the clean button if your fish’s environment is dirty with excrement on the sides.
Cleaning after the lemon shark
- Heal – On the right side of the screen, you will notice a purple skull when Gyao needs medical attention. If this skull appears, press the medicine button to cure it.
Healing the lemon shark
- Lighting – You will have to manage Gyao’s sleep during the night. To ensure a good rest, you should turn off the lights in the evening before running the restaurant.
- Warning – Warning isn’t actually a button, it just lights up whenever your fish has an “issue”. If you overlook any of the above items, don’t worry. If your Gyao has a problem, this tab will light up.
- Discipline – If you notice your fish making unusual sounds or movements but does not need to eat or clean itself and seems happy, you should click on the discipline tab. This will increase its training level and turn off the warning light. Discipline can also decrease the next day, so you will have to regularly discipline the fish to keep its training high.
- Options – Turn notifications on and off your phone. This will give you a break when you don’t want to play the mini-game.
- Memories – Find and remember your previous Gyaos.
- Manage – Visualize your progress, as well as the age and current weight of your Gyao.
The only GYAO! function in the game is the “GYAO! Master” achievement for raising five of them. You also get an in-game boat skin on raising your first.
Raising your GYAO!
You need to vary the way you raise the GYAO via three mechanics: Food, Affection, and lastly Discipline.
The fish follows this life cycle:
roe → fry → small fish →
→ Docile yellow fish (high affection) or
→ Ferocious blue fish (no affection)
followed by → the final stage.
If affection/intimacy is 3~4 as small fish, it will turn into yellow fish (docile),
otherwise turn into blue fish (ferocious).
This is why the first GYAO raised is typically a beluga whale (max affection and max training) or a dolphin (max affection), because it is usually customary to take full care of your pet and train if you can. If it does not have enough training but has lots of affection, it will become a dolphin.
There are 14 variants of GYAO that can be roughly divided into two groups: docile and ferocious.
Two of them evolve from already mature GYAO.
- Beluga → Whale Shark (maintain max all stats)
- Lemon Shark → Orca (maintain max all stats)
The places framed in red are more docile ethnic groups, while others are more ferocious.
Brief review of mechanics:
- Feed once +1 satiation
- Giving snacks +1 intimacy
- Playing with it +2 intimacy
- Discipline once +2~3 blocks of training
- Every time you go to the next stage in the game, you will lose 1 food and intimacy
(e.g. morning to afternoon, afternoon to evening, or evening to next morning)
- If you give your Gyao an injection when it is not sick, you can deduct 1 intimacy
- Fasting, sickness, and unclear stools for a whole day if left unattended will lead to death.
- If you achieved the GYAO you wanted do not heal, clean up, or feed the GYAO (basically ignoring the GYAO) and let it die. When it is dead you can revive it and start the life cycle again.
- When performing an action, you can press ESC to end the action without waiting for the animation to finish.
- Turn off lights when it is evening so the GYAO can sleep well.
- Can only discipline/train when there is a green “!” icon.
- It takes about an in-game week to get a fully evolved fish.
- For the achievement “GYAO Master” you don’t actually need five different GYAO, you just need to raise fully evolved ones five times. Don’t be afraid to use the time skip mechanic to speed up the process.
- DAVE THE DIVER Guide to a Full 3 Star Marinca
- DAVE THE DIVER All Fish Completionist Guide
- DAVE THE DIVER Easy Red Pot Farm Guide (Cat Food & Ingredients)
- DAVE THE DIVER Easy Bei Farming Guide (500 Per-Day Using Shark Teeth Minigame)
- DAVE THE DIVER Reference Guide