For ARK: Survival Ascended players, this is a fix for the famous “Render Thread” crash, which happens very frequently in some PCs.
How to fix this fix ASA
It took me 5 days of testing different console commands and almost anything.
Launch the game and then face to the ground to avoid crash.
Configure the settings on the menu:
Disable HLOD = ON (right down)
UI => Disable Menu Transitions (left down)
On console command type this:
You need to repeat this command every time you launch the game.
It works with all settings in Medium but you can set:
Advanced Graphics to High and
Effects Quality in High
For more FPS use:
I’ve tested this extensively with fly mode and hasn’t crashed.
My rig is an Intel i5 7400 with a GTX 1070 and 8 GB Ram.
Ask is installed into an M2 SSD.
If you cannot get past character creation screen, launch your game with -dx11 as launch param in order to create your character.
Then restart without any parameter.
- ARK: Survival Ascended – Max FPS Setting Guide
- ARK: Survival Ascended – How to Fix Crashing Nonstop
- ARK: Survival Ascended – How to Fix LowLevelFatalError Crash
- ARK: Survival Ascended – Difficulty Settings Guide in SP & Non-Dedicated
- ARK: Survival Ascended – Improving FPS Guide (Single Command Line)