For Xuan-Yuan Sword VII players, this is a guide of some tweaks for FPS and Visual Quality of the game, let’s get started.
Make sure turn on Show Hidden File on Windows first.
Once you have done that, navigate to
C:\Users\(yourname)\AppData\Local\SOFTSTAR\SWD7\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor and look for GameUserSettings.ini
Find your way to [ScalabilityGroups] and you’ll see something like this
0 = OFF/VERY LOW
1 = LOW
2 = MED
3 = HIGH
4 = ULTRA (Cinematic)
Next thing you’ll have to change in Game.ini (Same folder as GameUserSettings.ini is located)
If you DON’T have a RTX card
set bDLSS to False.
All settings in GameUserSettings.ini were 3 when tested.
I only change specific one to 0 to do the comparison.
In-Game Settings were set to High when tested.
Keep in mind changing these settings may encounter image loss, glitching etc…
FPS may vary depends on system and widnows/nvidia settings
For advance setting in Engine.ini
Please Refer to
Quick Guide to Maximum Texture Quality by Yiryi-Sa
How to Make TSW Look Better by pschlik
Universal Unreal Engine 4 Unlocker
Unreal Engine 4 Console Variables and Commands
for more information about Unreal Engine tweaks
My GameUserSettings.ini :
Tested on i7-9700K
Aorus 1660Ti 6G
Vsync on Adapted (Nvidia Control Panel)
These are the things i added into Engine.ini under [/script/engine.renderersettings]
Methods for stuttering fix
Some might work for you, or all might not, no guarantee
1. Turn vsync ON in Nvidia Control Panel while having bVsync and bUseVSync set to False in Game.ini and GameUserSettings.ini (vsync off in-game settings)
2. Tap on Windows > Settings > Game > Turn OFF Xbox Game DVR and Turn OFF Game Mode as well.
3. Tap Windows + R enter regedit > navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Policy Manger > default > Application Management > AllowGameDVR. On the right hand side, find value and double click on it. Change 0 to 1.
4. Locate game .exe file, right click on Properties > under Compatibility check disable fullscreen optimizations then hit OK
5. Tap Ctrl + Alt + Del on your keyboard > Select Task Manger > find your game under Detail and right click, select Set priority > High (You have to do the step everytime when game launches)
6. Tap Ctrl + Alt + Del on your keyboard > Select Task Manger > find your game under Detail and right click, select Set Affinity > uncheck one of the core (ex: If you have 8 core, its listed as Core 0 to 7. uncheck Core 7 only)
(You have to do the step everytime when game launches)
7. Go into BIOS > disable Hyper Threading
8. Disable Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay
9. Disable Steam Overlay
10. Fewer processes running (svchost.exe) in task manager by VG
Tap Windows + R enter regedit > navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control > On the right hand side, find SvcHostSplitThresholdInKB and double click on it. Change to your RAM size in KB. Default value was 380000
(For example, if you have 8G. 8x1024x1024 = enter 8388608KB. 16G, 16x1024x1024 = enter 16777216KB) then restart your computer.
I was having 188 processes running before i change this. Now i only have 130 processes running in task manager.
Not sure what this does but at least less processes running in background and have not notice any problem.
11. Set vsync in Nvidia Control Panel to Adapted also helps.
Preset Low 65fps
Preset Med with high graphic 63fps
Preset High 55fps
80 = a little blurry compared to 90From Top to Bottom
50 / 90fdps
80 / 63fps
100 / 55fps
“in-game” settings were set to 2 for this comparsion
literally no shadow casted LOOL whats the point of this comparisonLeft 0 Right 3
set this to 0 or 1 if you don’t care about some motion blur, depth of field, gain lots of fps tho
Left 0 Right 3
Left 0 Right 3
Haven’t notice any difference between 0 and 3 during combatLeft 0 Right 3
Left 0 Right 3
it’s kinda hard to judge this one as the pixel were low but in actual game, higher shader setting looks bit more clear
Left 0 Right 3
about 65-75 during cutscenes and boss fight (combat)[ScalabilityGroups]
That’s all we are sharing today in Xuan-Yuan Sword VII Tweaks for FPS and Visual Quality, if there are anything you want to add please feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll see you soon.
Credit to Oishi
- The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan – FPS Fix and Boost
- Hell Let Loose: Simple FPS Boost
- Drug Dealer Simulator: How to Improve FPS
- Dead by Daylight: Optimize And Unlock FPS
- SpongeBob SquarePants How to Adjusting Graphics Quality and Boost FPS