Here is what Never Was 100% Achievement Guide (Spoiler Free)
The game is controlled using a keyboard and mouse
Movement = W,A,S,D
Crouch = Ctrl
Inventory = Tab
Inspect = Left mouse button
Interact/Select = Right mouse button
Zoom = Z
Note that at the time of writing, Steam is still “learning about this game” so achievements will not yet count towards profile totals, I’m somewhat unsure of the “learning” process, but given the positive reviews, it should only be a matter of time until they count towards profile totals.
Back Together Achievement Guide.
Find the missing part of the necklace.
This achievement unlocks when completing the globe button puzzle.
On the globe there are four buttons, labelled…
1. Fusang, China (Earth symbol).
2. Paryaqaqa, South America (Water symbol).
3. Shu, Egypt (Air, symbol).
4. Pele, Hawaii (Fire symbol).
To complete the puzzle, the four buttons must be pressed in order.
The order in which they should be pressed is found in/on the tape recording left by your grandfather, and can also be found by examining the tape in your inventory (which gives a written transcript), obtained after listening to the recording.
The specific paragraph which alludes to the answer is…
“This world is full of secrets. From the tallest tree to the deepest river. In every breath of wind and every dancing flame. All you have to do is look”
1. Tallest tree.
2. Deepest river.
3. Breath of wind.
4. Dancing flame.
In the game there are 5 journal pages and a journal photograph to obtain that contain information to help you find the answers (2 journal pages are out in the open and 3 pages and a picture are found in drawers at the desk). These pages show the alchemic symbols for each of the elements, which correspond to the symbols on the globe buttons…
Journal page #1 = shows the alchemic symbol for fire.
Journal page #2 = shows the alchemic symbol for water.
Journal page #3 = shows the alchemic symbol for earth.
Journal page #4 = shows the alchemic symbol for air.
So you want to push the buttons on the globe in this order…
1. Earth (Fusang, China).
2. Water (Paryaqaqa, South America).
3. Air (Shu, Egypt).
4. Fire (Pele, Hawaii).
Collector Achievement Guide.
Find everything you can in the attic.
This achievement pops after locating the following items in the game…
1. Small key = If you stand facing the globe, with the wall behind, there is a chair to the left and a table to the right, on top of the table is a book and on top of the book is the small key.
2. Journal page #1*
3. Journal page #2*
4. Journal page #2*
5. Journal page #4*
6. Journal page #5*
7. Journal photograph = This is in one of the bottom right drawers of the desk.
8. Ornate key = This key is inside a locked box which is found in the top drawer on the bottom right side of the desk. This key is inside a locked box which is found in the top drawer on the bottom right side of the desk. You have to use the necklace vision (V key) to solve the puzzle lock. You have to use the necklace vision (V key) to solve the puzzle lock.
* Two of the journal pages are found out in the open, one on a shelf to the left of the clock and another on a table also containing a gramophone. The other 3 pages are found in drawers on the desk, one is in a drawer to the bottom right, another to the bottom left and the last in the top right.
If you have the second part of the necklace obtained by completing the globe puzzle, you can press the V key on your keyboard and all of the above items will emit a blue glowing light making finding them a little easier.
To the left of the tape recorder are a stack of boxes, the top box is open and contains a pink pig toy.
Observer Of Rare Antiquities.
On the shelves to the left of the clock is a golden crucifix.
A Pirate’s Life For You.
At the desk, in one of the drawers to the bottom left is a telescope. Click on the telescope alternating with the left and right mouse buttons (left, right, left, right, etc) until the achievement pops.
What Never Was.
You finished the game.
This achievement pops at the end of the game, after solving the clock puzzle.
First off, to access the clock puzzle, you first need to obtain the Ornate key from the locked box, found in the lower right set of drawers at the desk. For information on how to obtain this, please refer to the “Collector Achievement Guide” chapter to save me repeating myself.
Key in hand, unlock the glass window covering the clock face, then look at the face through the necklace (press V key), which will reveal four hidden symbols on the face. The aim of the puzzle is to move the four hands of the clock to the correct hidden symbol, the task for you is to find out which clock hand goes with which hidden symbol.
So how do we know which hand points to which symbol… check the journal pages in your inventory…
Journal page #1 shows a fire symbol with an outer facing arrow.
Journal page #2 shows a water symbol with an inner facing arrow.
Journal page #3 shows an earth (tree) symbol with an inner facing arrow with a line through it.
Journal page #4 shows an air symbol with and outer facing arrow with a line through it.
Image solution below…
Just a quick final note, in the centre brown section of the clock face on the left and bottom are holes showing the cogs within the clock, and on the upper right is a button with a symbol of one of the clock hands. You can only move the clock hand with the symbol that is shown on this button, pressing the button with the right mouse button changes that hand that is selected.
- What Never Was: Video Walkthrough
- Delete: 100% Guide for All Puzzles
- Lost: All Puzzles Guide
- Samsara Room Walkthrough& Achievement Guide
- Family Man All 30 Lost Pages Locations Guide (Where to Find)