For Touhou Double Focus players, this guide will explain how to complete the Snap Archive and obtain the Talented Journalist achievement. Some other achievements related to this too!
Beware of spoilers!
Before you get pictures, you need Aya’s camera!
If you’re in the room, you’ll see this “book”, move near it and unlock Aya’s ability!
After taking it, you’ll unlock Perfect Shot.
This is the ability you’ll use everywhere to start saving photos in your snap archive!
Be sure to equip it after obtaining it!
Camera obtain! How do I use it?
Be aware that the ability has zone where it needs to hit the enemies, you can’t be too close or too far!
Image explanation below:
– The red crosses means enemies in these zones will not be hit, therefore will not take damage or be added to the snap archive
– Only enemies in the blue circle (shown in-game as a rectangle) will take damage and be updated to the snap archive.
Snap Archive will not only record enemies but also various NPCs(which we will cover later on this guide), so be sure to snap a photo before talking with them!
Some of these things are misable and will not be doable again once missed, meaning you need to do a new save!
LET’S START GETTING PICTURES, MOMIJI! WAIT!!!!!!!!!
- All NPCs at least have 1 snap archive entry
- All normal enemies at least have 1 snap archive entry
- Bosses has 2 snap archive entry each: The first entry when they get hit by Perfect Shot and a second entry when Perfect shot is the finishing blow.
- Boss locations shown on this guide will show their initial location to find them. After defeating them once, you can fight them again in the base area on the right and attempt to get their photos there. Hence, all boss snap archives can be obtain in a single save.
- Some entries can unlock another achievement. This will be mentioned on this guide.
“And so the journey of completing the archive begins.. err– also solving this incident”
- Fairy Swordswoman
- Fairy Magician
- Fairy Knight
- Fairy hanging on a chandelier
- Fairy Pyramid Head
- Fairy riding a lion
– Patchouli Knowlege
(This snap entry will no longer be obtainable once you “find” Koakuma, so be sure to snap this early.)
– Sekibanki’s Head (You cannot get this snap entry anymore if you picked up the head before taking a picture of it)
– Sekibanki (Sekibaki has 2 snap entries: Before you return her head, and after you return her head)
– Hong Meiling
– Nue Honjouu
For Nue, it’s not her specifically but you need to snap a picture of the UFO on the hallway.
This also unlocks the Unidentified Underground Passage achievement
- Blue Circle means entries you cannot miss and can be obtain anytime.
- Red Circle means entries you can miss depending on your progression/what you do. It can be replaced by Blue Circle entries (like Sekibanki here).
- Yellow Circle means boss entries.
- Fairy Spearwoman
- 2 Fairies on a carpet
- Fairy in a lamp
- Fairy with snappers on her head
- Fairy that buries underground
- Fairy on a Guillotine
– Yamame Kusodani
– Kageou and Wakasagihime
(This will disappear once you manage to calm Kagerou down, so be sure to snap this early)
While Yoshika is actually in another area (not desert), she’s an isolated case and you can only access her by going to the desert so she’s included here.
(Her snap entry is only obtainable before you give her the Talisman you obtained from Seiga, so be sure to do a photo first before giving it)
Fairy Tale Area
- Wolf Fairy
- Fairy with a gun
- Fairy that throws matches
- Snow White Fairy
- Swimming Fairy
- Fairies with a cauldron
– Alice Margatroid (Alice’s only available BEFORE you talk to her, so be sure to snap before you talk with her)
– Tewi Inaba
Here I showed 2 routes: Red if from base without the crawl ability while Yellow is the route with the crawl ability.
Taking to Tewi will unlock Reisen on the Desert area
– Parsee Mizuhashi
Like Nue, Parsee is not seen directly but rather hidden behind a tree. Take a snap of the tree that has a shadow figure and she’ll be saved in the snap archive. Also unlocks the Eyes of Jealousy achievement
Unlike most bosses, Sukuna’s snap entry is actually unlocked in a different way. Since you guys would be fighting in a race, you’ll need to snap photos of Sukuna while she’s not moving.
You need to snap photos of her while she’s on these places for both entries.
After defeating her, you can now unlock Koakuma&Patchouli’s snap entry.
- Purple circle means entries you need to backtrack too after acquiring certain abilities/talking to someone. Check “Other Snap Entries” of this guide.
Water City Area
- Fairy that throws knives (and doesn’t die)
- Mafia Fairy
- Fairy with Jigsaw’s mask
- Fairy with a spooky mask
- Fairy with a boat (This fairy has 2 entries: While it’s alone and another snap when she’s carrying some other fairies)
.Boss – Hatata no Kokoro
I accidentally did a line from base rather than a circle my bad
After defeating her, you can now unlock Kagerou’s snap entry.Snap Archive after all of this should now look like this
Both boss fights happen on the same location, and this area can only be accessed with the dark portal from Base area. You then start on the spot marked by the Yellow circle here.
Also in order to redo these boss battles, you actually need to re-enter on the dark portal at home base (even after finishing the game, it’s still open) and go back to the boss area. (or alternative, place a portal in front of the boss entrance)
Unlike all of the other bosses, you only need to defeat this boss in order to get its snap entry.
Other Snap Entries
– Reisen Inaba (Desert Area)
Reisen is only unlocked once you manage to talk with Tewi. If you haven’t, she will not appear on this area.
(Her entry is only obtainable before you talk to her, so make sure you snap a picture before talking with her)
– Koakuma and Patchouli (Castle Area)
You can only get this after defeating Sukuna, which unlocks the crawl ability.
Crawl under the desk where Koakuma is laying down and start the conversation, then snap a photo.
– Shou Toramaru (Castle Area)
You can only get to her after talking to Komachi then to Kosuzu.
– Kagerou Imaizumi (Desert Area)
You can only get to her after defeating Kokoro, then calming her down with the Mask on her previous location with Wakasagihime. She then moves to a different location where you can get the photo.
By doing this, you should have obtained the following achievements:
- Unidentified Underground Passage
- Eyes of Jealousy
- Photo Finish