For beginners of Summoners War: Chronicles, this guide will provide some helpful tips for new players, let’s check them out.
It is HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommended that you progress through most of the story and early/mid-game with solid 3*/4* units that work well and can be cheaply skilled up/awakened/evolved. Some of these units are amazing and super efficient to use, and in most cases even better than 5* units with no skill ups that come from duplicate copies. It’s fine to use one or two 5*s but you can go through the story with these lower star units.
* You can go through almost all of the story with Water Garuda (Konanomiya, or “Kona”) + Wind Pixie (Shannon) + 1 DPS. You can mostly use one main DPS, but you may want to switch to ones with Attribute Advantage in each region if things are difficult. It is strongly recommended you follow this comp as they each are extremely powerful as 3* units and uniquely so– Kona is a solid tank/healer that reduces Summoner/Monster cooldowns which is a huge DPS boost, and Shannon boasts the insanely loaded kit that includes ATK UP/ATK DOWN/DEF UP/DEF DOWN which I don’t think you can see on any other unit in the game.
* Solid 3*/4* DPS options to build are Fire Fairy and Water Amazon.
* You could also get by with a 5* DPS that you like, but know that it will be MUCH more expensive to use them over someone like Fire Fairy, and they may not be as strong because you can’t skill them up as easily. Take a look at the max skill levels of Fire Fairy vs the base skills of your 5* units and see the huge difference. This is still a very viable option though! You should get enough resources to invest in the core 3* units and a couple of higher cost units, but be pretty selective about your investments.
* Other strong units for early/midgame that you can build as-needed are: 4* Fire Epikion Priest (a support that provides Invincibility + Healing and is great for a lot of content late game), 4* Wind Mystic Witch (makes one of the Act 4 bosses way easier since she is a direct counter to his unique mechanic), 4* Wind Martial Cat (an extremely strong, fast boss killer)
* If you are lucky enough to get some early 3* Light/Dark units, strong ones are: Light Garuda (Water Garuda but with a revive, so almost a direct upgrade), 3* Harpy (very strong DPS multiplier with the rare DMG Taken UP debuff), 3* Light Living Armor (good in late game PvP and certain content due to his Unrecoverable debuff)
* During the course of the story, you will be required to Awaken and Level up specific units, so you may want to just level them anyway and use them. These are: Fire Lizardman, Wind Mystic Witch, and Water Amazon. Wind Mystic Witch/Water Amazon can be useful, Fire Lizardman not as much.
* You can save your resources by waiting to see what you actually need to invest in when you hit bottlenecks during the story if you go as far as you can, e.g. growing a DPS of a specific element or a mon with a specific debuff you need.
* Wind Kina’s S3 can be used for Remove Beneficial Effect which can be very useful in a lot of content (Light Orbia can do the same). She can also Remove Harmful Effect from allies with S2.
* You have enough free resources as you play to grow a few units, but it’s good to concentrate resources in a small number of units you can use long-term and for a lot of content
* The “best” units for PvP, specific high-level bosses, etc. are not that well known yet so you may want to save some resources if you want to invest in those units. Currently popular units are Fire Desert Queen (who is also an excellent PvE unit), Wind Monkey King, Water Sekmet, etc. See the tier list for more suggestions.
* The last and hardest Act is Fire and the second to last is Water
* There are some easily accessible 5*s: Whoever is on the special Summon banner, Fire Valkyrja for $9.99 from the Summoner Pass, and Water Magic Knight from the 7 Days of Special Missions event, and whatever other events are active
* You may need to level specific mon to get past a certain boss, see if there’s a guide already for a boss you’re struggling with! (Like Act 4 Mad Scientist)