For Shadow Man Remastered players, if you are confused by the complicated map, this guide provides a complete world map that should help you out.
He is coming, stalking criminals in the spirit world and the real world. A possessed man is coming, a voodoo mask in his chest and lines of power in his back. Shadow Man is coming, trailing evil from Liveside to Deadside. To stop an apocalypse. To save your soul.
Map/Item changes in the remaster:
- New level: Experimentation Rooms. The Asylum cable car has two levers inside! Station Number 2 takes you to Experimentation Rooms, Number 3 takes you to The Cathedral of Pain normally, as indicated on the map.
- Only the Lizard King is in Gardelle Jail. Milton Pike and Marco Cruz have their own locations. (The Junkyard, Summer camp respectively) They both link back to Engine Block as well.
- Mordant St. NY also links back to the Engine Block.
- There are 5 retractors in total The Lava Ducts also has one, and the Experimentation Rooms as well IIRC
- Sawn Off Shotgun – Salvage Yard
- Shotgun – Gardelle Jail (I found an MP-909 submachinegun too here)
- Mac-10 Sub Machine gun – Summer Camp. (Haven’t found this one)
- The second Violator weapon is in the Experimentation rooms.
- The First Violator is in the Playrooms and needs 3 accumulators to unlock. “The Five” boss levels have the accumulators. (not required to finish the game)
- After you have the La Lune, Le Soleil and La Lame, go back to Nettie.
- Jack’s journal will have the Engine Block shutdown codes
- There is a level 7 gate unmarked on the map. In the beginning of the Temple of Prophecy. Behind it is the Marteau (voodoo drumstick)
- Calabash (voodoo bomb) is at the beginning of the Temple of Blood behind a level 9 gate
I’m going to add any discrepancies here If I find more while playing through.