For Serin Fate new players, this is a guide that provides tips and tricks which will help provide a good grounding of general info, let’s check them out.
Starter Tips & Tricks Part 1
- Your choice of species gifts you with innate buffs! so pay attention to the upper left hand of your screen in character creation and game as if you hover over your species symbol, it will tell you what they are gifted in!
- Your choice of elemental attunement gifts you with a variety of bonuses that like species, can be viewed in game by hovering over your elemental symbol in the upper left hand corner of your screen.
- Talk to Cane after you get your first chimera from Coco, They can explain and help with so many things!
- Each Element has a part of the land that harmonises with it, and within each of these parts lay a trial to be overcome and secrets to be found!
– Nature is one with the forest and so your first trial shall be found hidden deep within the bounds of Autumn Forest, finding your way true will let you seek the shard of nature held inside.
– The seared lands of the Emberore Mountains embrace much of the suns rays and so there shall another trial await to reach the sun shard.
– The hidden Nymbus Isles face fierce winds and lashing storms where lightning crackles the sky and so lay there too another trial and shard to find, that of storm.
– Only in Dreams can one open the Pass to the Moon Realm.
– The Lands of Void hold no warmth, they lay at the furtherest known island north and can only be reached with friends of the Sky!
- Notebook EVERYTHING!! (almost – not juju, mana globes, perky baubles or statues before you get replicas) notebooking gives item descriptions, things it can be used to craft and also can unlock new recipes!
- Buy the ‘Big Pack’ that is located just down from your home garden on the way to town as fast as possible, it is essential!! there’s an even larger and more advanced version that loyally follows you around! *Flap! Flap!*
- Take a seat around town, it’s rejuvenating to just rest a while!
- Meditation is very useful at the start, especially while your mana pool cap is so low!!
- Buy the broom Ichorus sells or you can craft your own later!
- Collect falling rune stones when astral projecting while asleep at night to recharge your mana! Very rarely you might encounter a fallen star!
- Alt-click to move placed items like workbenches etc, Ctrl-click to quickly move items from chest to inventory and vice versa, Shift-click when in inventory to grab 1/2 of a stack and Alt-click when in inventory to grab 1/3 of a stack, you can also while holding a stack right-click to deposit a single of that stack
- There is a send to chest toggle on the left of your hotbar that when in range will send items in your inventory to stacks of the same in nearby chests
- There is a sound indicator located next to your mana gauge on your HUD! so be sure to pay attention to it when sneaking up on chimera!
- If you want to know the world time you can click on the Sun/Moon icon next to your Sound indicator on your HUD!
- Selling planks, coal, glass, silk early game are great ways to make money! (and to afford the big pack upgrade)
- Level ups give you both stat points as well as skill tree points so don’t forget to spend both!!
- Gowen has a training yard south of town that is brilliant to gain at least starter levels in combat before one normally gets slaughtered by the forest, so it reeeeeally helps, particularly if the skill points gained go into the AP skills in the tree if you’re a chimera combat type.
- Guarden toads …. guard crops from bugs
- Scarecrows …. Scare Crows
- Bird Houses….. feed birds! so they don’t eat your crops or flowers
- The Watermill needs to be charged with mana linking
- Wild roses are a natural bug repellent! in a radius of 5 around the flower
- Sunfire Flowers provide an innate boost to the growth of those planted around them in a radius of 8 around them!
- Breathing Rocks can be mana linked to speed up resource spawns!!
- Found yourself surrounded by enemies? don’t think you can take them all? Hide in plain sight!!
- Bombs can be gained from goblin drops, crafted or bought from the goblin shop which can be opened using a special walkway that is hidden inside the town and unlocking its mini obelisk by paying its toll – bombs are also awesome as you don’t need to have the resource tier lvl unlocked in the skill tree – you can blow up all nodes from the start…. if you have enough bombs that is!!
- Nurture will help crops grow and Enrich will increase harvest yield! (and not only of crops! try it out on some resource nodes or trees!! :D)
- The Harvest spell can be used to great effect outside your home garden!
- Crops like to have room to grow! so don’t crowd them! rows of 2 work great 🙂
- Use the Sawmill and Furnace that can be found in the world till you can craft your own on your farm!!
- Snoozle bin reduces sleepiness of the chimera it is placed in the pen with for faster re-equip time as chimera needs to rest unless they have the trait that allows them not to aka ‘Hyper’
- Chimera need to be kept happy as the more unhappy or tired they are the less their attacks do damage or hit their target
- Mana linking is your best friend – you can activate obelisks with it, speed up crafting and crops and also while capturing chimera and they’re in the orb being caught, if you mana link with them in that phase, the longer you do the higher the chance of capture is, but always remember that spells like mine and woodcut are always better for their job!
- If you have stone or wood in your Hotbar you can place them in your home garden as paths – you walk faster on paths – you can also ‘cook’ stone in the furnace to make hard stone, which can also be used as pathways but has many more uses in potions i.e. making more rune stones. rune stones i.e. El, Noone, Null – El can be cooked in a furnace to make Noone, Noone to make Null, Null for a chance of an elemental runic stone.
- You can ‘cook’ dirt in the furnace to make the yellow dry dirt if you dig too deep in your garden
- If you’re looking for something soggy, try fishing without bait! Carrion Prey and skeletons also rarely drop it!
Starter Tips & Tricks Part 2
- Use Brood – fill him with fish, crops, honey brittle, eggs, extra ore crumbles you have – gems/shards give massive amounts of exp but be careful as generally harder to come by early game and need for staffs firstly! and much more – he will return Ash for unliked items!
- Fish can also be used to feed chimera along with chimera food, and most have their own effects. for chimera food, buy it early game from the general day store till you can farm the needed wheat. Once you are able to, constructiong a snack bin is vital!
- Monster bones of all types can be planted in your garden for a quick mana boost, they can also be used in some potions
- Crunchy grass will give grass seeds you can place on your home garden to grow grass for fibre (or just to look nice), but beware! as it’s very loud and can spawn monsters!
- Bat Cages are Bat-teries XD they recharge a percent of your mana pool depending on the colour of the bat!
– Red Bat = 33%, insect wings
– Blue Bat = 66%, monster blood with a chance of 2 blue capes,
– Yellow Bat = 100%, 5 void bars and a chance of 2 monster souls.
- For general chimera catching, the closer to the chimera you are when you cast capture, the higher chance you have. chimera will spook at loud sounds and also when you get to close, so stay out of the grass and watch your noise metre or cast the Moonwalk spell once obtained, to sneak up on them better. chimera potions made in the cauldron also increase the spawn rate of chimera
- Chimera lay eggs when they’re happy, have a nest in the pen with them and the female or hybrid has been fed its favourite snack. To make them happy feed them plenty of chimera food or fish, better is both as fish can have other effects when fed to chimera and keep crows away from them – playing games with them also helps but in general you don’t need to as long as you feed them and they’ve got a scarecrow – to scare away crows.
– F+M are the genders needed but the rare hybrid can reproduce alone.
- Pen or Barn chimera instead of selling them, especially at the start as when penned they give pearls overtime vs. a single pearl when sold as well as other resources.
- Pens can be boosted with an elemental runic stone to increase the chimera resource production if it matches the runic alignment of the penned chimera.
- Chimera and some plants react negatively to sound!!
- Chimera can have different special traits – noted by a diamond shape next to their elemental affinity strength on their profile.
- Chimera can have a highest possible elemental rating of 999, this will effect it stat growth – so the higher the better!
- Bred Chimera will have a runic lvl that is the average or higher of their parents!
- There are extremely rare chimera that trail gold sparkles and give more gold and Pearls when penned!
- The higher the elemental strength of the chimera, the better its stats can grow when levelled
- The fisherman will also give you a very useful spell if you bring him a Moonling
- Woodcut/mine spells only vary in strength (speed), not the ability to cut or mine higher tiers. To do that you need the corresponding perks from the tech tree.
- Crows have a chance to drop items when scared
- Eating petals restores a small amount of mana
- Mushrooms of all types can be found all over the world as well as grown in the dark. If some unique conditions are met, some very rare ones can be found!
- To get hard wood you need to defeat the Stumpets in the forest or have the woodcut II perk unlocked in the skill tree and cut down oak trees
- Iron wood comes from beach trees, Magic wood from magic trees
- There are a Shovel and Rope located in the world that will be very useful
- There are tech tree perks to increase mana link strength and reduce the amount of mana taken per click. also, there’s a capture chance increases perk and also one called lucky that ups spawn rate chance of chimera.
- Ignite – is brilliant for clearing bamboo, grass and trees – provides mountains of ash! ‘WARNING’ stay clear of anything flammable when casting unless you want to die.
- Beehives speed up the production of bee boxes but they are not needed to produce honey.
- Follow the lights at night in the forest 🙂
- To enter the Dark Maze one needs a magic source of Light (not a torch)
- Cutting grass is a great way to recharge your chimera AP, alongside attacking enemies with your weapon
- Potions are your best friends, so don’t forget to use the recipes from your notebook in your Cauldron!!
- Your notebook will also tell you what recipes or potions an item can be used in!
- Your Key Items can be used in the world once selected from the Key Items inventory!
- Talk to people to learn their interests! people gifted things of interest will start to build up a friendship with you!
- The Basement – you need to carry Statues around in your inventory to charge them, then have them on your hotbar when charged and press space when standing next to the stars on the basement floor to use the charge to summon it. you can also mana link the summoned statues to make it a higher lvl (stronger) to fight, WARNING to start at a low mana linked lvl as you can be crushed easily by higher mana linked statues when summoned. once all are summoned to the stars on the ground and mana linked if you want to do so you step onto the middle disk at the stroke of midnight to activate the summoning, bringing the summoned to life for you to fight. the statues will need to be recharged before you can use them again but you can do this over multiple days/nights to fill up all the stars in the basement to summon them all at once, they dont vanish the next day if not activated, they stay till awakened.
- You should never forget to call your friends if you find yourself stuck! by using their Artifact in your Key Items! Only once they have been given to you by building up your relationship with them first though!