For Running With Rifles players, the Final Mission I is much harder than all the other missions you’ve done before. This guide will show you some basic tips to make this mission a little bit easier.
Start of the Mission
Here’s some things you should take note of
- You will start with 1 other soldier, but they will not respawn when they die
- You can secure 2 areas that whatever enemy faction you’re going against hasn’t
Secure the 2 points that aren’t claimed yet, there will not be any enemies there.
You will not be able to capture a base normally, just destroy the radio tower in each base and move to the next one.
You DO NOT have to kill all the enemies that are guarding each base.
Stealth is your best option for this mission, the reason being you’re all alone for this mission. Going in guns blazing will lead to being swarmed and repetitive deaths.
While any suppressed weapon will work for this mission, some are better than others.I would recommend using the APR, as it allows you to pick off enemies from far away with great accuracy while prone. You can find the APR from cargo trucks, briefcases, or anything that will give non-stock weapons. In terms of grenades, you will primarily need c4 for destroying the radio towers. However, you can bring flashbangs/grenades in your backpack, just in case you need to quickly deal with someone that has spotted you (just make sure you aren’t being affected by encumbrance, you want your shots to be as accurate as possible). Don’t forget to bring a camouflage suit too!
- BE PATIENT: You are all alone for this, there are are very few respawn points so get ready to run a LOT.
- USE THE SUPPLY QUAD: The supply quad is your mini armory, which is located in the hangar at the Forward Camp base (the place you respawn). Be sure not to place it close to the enemy, or else you won’t be able to use it without getting shot!
- USE THE SPAWN TRUCK: The spawn truck can significantly reduce the distance you need to walk after you die, it can be found in the same area as the supply quad. Just make sure its not too close to the action, or else you won’t be able to use it!
- HAVE PLENTY OF RP BEFORE STARTING THE MISSION You will not be able to return to the original maps until you have completed the mission. Backtrack to past missions to find secret crates and vehicles. Here is a guide detailing those locations!