So this is a simple fix and might not universally help everyone. In my case, I went from being able to crash the game in 10-15s to being able to play a full playthrough with the weapons that crashed me and fighting every boss to the second biome over an hour into the game without crash (I left because I finished my run).
First open your game properties. Next scroll to the “Launch Options” section and add “-dx11” which forces Direct X 11 instead of 12. The crashes dropped dramatically in my case. I am going to mess with settings from here now that it works.
- Returnal How to Fix Stuttering & Fatal Error
- Returnal How to Fix Shader Compilation not Reset after Driver Update
- Returnal Black Screen, Cutscene & Crash Fix Guide
- Returnal How to Skip Intro Video
- Returnal 100% Save File All the Story Items