PowerBeatsVR features unique support for Bluetooth heart rate monitors. The heart rate will be shown in-game and used for making the calorie tracker more accurate. This guide is about which heart rate monitors are supported and how to connect them to the game.
Supported Heart Rate Monitors
You can now check your current heart rate while playing and get related statistics at the end of each challenge including minimum, maximum, and average heart rate. We also use that measurement to make our calorie counter way more precise than it could be with pure movement tracking.
Here is a list of heart rate monitors that are tested to work with PowerBeatsVR. This is not an exhaustive list, it simply serves as inspiration if you are going to buy a heart rate monitor to use with PowerBeatsVR:
- The Wahoo Tickr and Blue HR (chest strap)
- Polar H10 and Polar H7 (chest strap)
- Polar OH1 (arm strap)
- TAOPE Smart Cardio (chest strap)
- Bluetooth heart rate monitors by Fitcare Electronics (also sold as HW702a, smartLAB HRM, BerryKing Sportbeat,…)
As far as we know Fitbit HRMs will not work with PowerbeatsVR as they do not use a standard Bluetooth protocol, but rather a proprietary communication protocol.
ANT+ protocol is not supported yet, but we are planning to support it sometime soon to further extend the range of usable devices.
If you are not sure if a heart rate monitor will work with PowerBeatsVR please ask the manufacturer if their device supports Bluetooth 4.0 LE / Smart and how to connect it to third party applications. On some devices, like smartwatches, you may have to enable broadcast of sensor data via Bluetooth first.
You are very welcome to notify us if you can confirm functionality with further models and we will add them to the list. You can comment below.
How to Connect a HRM Device
With that in place, just start PowerBeatsVR, head over to the “Fitness” tab within the options panel, activate heart tracking, search for a device, select the correct one, if multiple have been found, and click on “Connect”. That’s it. No connection to your PC outside of PowerBeatsVR is needed. Now, your heart rate will be shown in-game just like your score and combo.
Happy calorie burning!
- PowerBeatsVR Heart Rate Monitor Integration
- Totally Reliable Delivery Service Beta: Splitscreen Multiple Monitors Setup Guide
- Roomie Romance: All Achievements and Endings Guide
- EA SPORTS™ FIFA 21 How to Fix Double Controllers ( One Controller Show Twice)
- High Entropy: Challenges Console Commands Guide