For Phasmophobia players, this guide provides some quick tips for those getting into the ghost busting line of work. Let’s check it out.
- There’s generally three stages to a round:
- Find where the ghost is, best chance for this is to use your thermometer or find a ouija board. Whilst doing this you can also search for bones to photo and pick up for extra money.
- Find out what the ghost is, by using the ghost writing book, spirit box, UV etc.
- Complete any bonus objectives, this can somewhat be integrated into stage two while you’re trying to figure out what it is.
- You don’t need to say the ghosts name until you want it to start a hunt.
- If playing the role of sugar daddy/mama and you’re hiding in the van most of the round. Move equipment to the door for your fellow ghost hunters so it decreases their travel time.
- You can turn on/off or light equipment in PC/VR player’s hands, or on a VR player’s belt.
- You can export/import photos from your camera into the following path: “Steam\steamapps\common\Phasmophobia“. You’ll see them saved as “savedscreen” 0 to 5.
Before You Enter A House
- Most important equipment to bring to most sites are:
- Motion Sensors
- Smudge Sticks
This is due to them all being potential bonus objectives for the extra money, and thermometers are probably the best way to find the ghost outside of finding a ouija board.
- Use a camera at the start of the round to take a photo of the objective board. This means you don’t have to ask someone in the truck for it’s name and can just check your journal.
- Use a thermometer to find the ghosts haunted area quickly. You want anything lower than 11.9°C / 53.42°F. Ghosts often wanders so you may have also found it’s patrol route.
- Use a EMF reader on the ouija board. Sometimes it can give you that all important EMF 5.
- When using the spirit box, it will say “no response” if voice recognition is working but the ghost is… not responding. Try and use both local (V) and global (B) chat to achieve this.
- Place motion sensors low down, if the ghost is a child, then it won’t trigger them if it’s high.
- Sound sensors are great on big maps, but make sure you don’t overlap them for the most efficiency.
- You don’t need to shine a UV light on fingerprints to get a photo of fingerprints as evidence. Just take a photo of the lightswitch/window/door that you know they are there for it count in your journal.
- If you have two crucifixes, and the ghost is haunting a small room. Place one inside that room centrally, and the other in the hallway or adjancent room.
- Want the ghost to go on a hunt? Sing 𝄞𝄞 “Run, hide, I’m scared, I’m scared” 𝄞𝄞 over and over again in the house whilst throwing the ghosts name in there to for good measure. Guaranteed results.
- Keeping your sanity low can be beneficial as the ghost will hunt allowing you more photo opportunities.
- If being hunted, break line of sight, hide in a room with the door closed and be quiet. Being quiet includes any loud noises such as taking photos, talking, spirit box, and talking.
- You can also outrun most ghosts, just don’t stop running/go to a dead end.
- Ghost hunts can last up to a maximum of 60 seconds.
- You can clip through doors/walls, you are not safe if you’re sitting behind them directly as the ghost will get you. This also applies to windows and external doors of houses.
- If a Jinn is haunting the house, turn off the circuit breaker. This will weaken them and slow them down.
A: Use sound sensors, and thermometers. Split up the party and go in different directions checking each room whilst also saying “Show us a sign”. A door should creak, a tap will run or a phone will ring for you to home into.Q: How do I use crucifixes to prevent a hunt?
A: If it’s a large room place both the crucifixes in that room evenly spread out for maximum efficiency. If a small room place one inside, and one outside in the hallway or an adjacent room. Then you just need it to start a hunt. Also worth having someone in the truck to tell you once the objective is complete.
Additional Note: Crucifixes only have two charges, so each crucifix can prevent up to two hunts.
Q: How do I use the ouija board?
A: Activate the board so you can see it glowing and ask a question like “Where are you?” The ghost will then respond by moving the planchette on the board and spelling out it’s answer. If the lights flicker, then this means you have taken a 40% sanity hit.
Q: How do I use a spirit box?
A: Go in the room or very close to where the ghost is haunting and ask questions in local or global chat. This can be either on the floor, or in your hand. If the ghost prefers to be active when people are alone, you will need to do this alone.
Q: How do I use smudge sticks?
A: With a lighter in your inventory press “F” whilst the smudge stucks [burrito/massive joint] is equipped then walk with it into the haunted room or chuck it in.
Q: What do smudge sticks do?
A: They give you additional time to hide when the ghost enters it’s hunting phase.
Q: How do I use the parabolic microphone?
A: Best on larger maps like Asylum/High School as it’s range is incredibly long, it’s basically a sniper. If you see the number spike above 8, go in that direction, also worth going in the direction if it’s picking up sound but no one else is in the building. Be careful as your team mates can also make noise which the the parabolic microphone will detect.
Q: Are footprints, fingerprints?
A: No, footprints do not count as evidence for fingerprints. Instead the footprints can show you the ghosts patrolling path. Along with getting you some extra money from the footprint photo.
Q: What are freezing tempetures?
A: Below 0°C or 32°F. You’ll also be able to see your breath.
Q: How do you turn off the annoying car alarm?
A: Find the car keys then left-click on either front doors of the car.
Q: Can you take photos of the ghost on the CCTV monitor?
A: No, photos taken over the CCTV monitor will not count as a ghost in your journal.
Q: What counts as a Ghost Event?
A: Ghost slamming a door, singing, gurgling or hissing in your ear, showing itself in your face. The ghost entering it’s hunt phase and/or killing someone is not an event.
Q: How do I reset my save/level?
A: You can delete your savedata.txt file in “%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Kinetic Games\Phasmophobia\” repository. You’ll also need to ensure that steam could is not enabled: right-click Phasmophobia in steam, go to the “Updates” tab and untick “Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Phasmophobia“.
Q: Why are there lobbies that exceed four players or have coloured usernames?
A: These are modded lobbies and it’s recommended to avoid them at all cost, as they can corrupt your save. Devs are aware of this.
Guessing Ghost Types Without The Third Evidence
You can quite accurately guess ghost types without the third piece of evidence or even without the second.
Sanity dropping very fast when in the house?
Turn on a light in the haunted room. Does it flip the breaker/turn it off pretty quick?
Aggressive of the bat, even when you had high sanity?
Boring as heck?
Only gets active when you go and then starts hunting? Because let’s be honest, it always wants YOU and not the others.
Likes to really move objects and cans around.
Photos For Extra Money
There are several photo opportunities that can provide extra money and these are:
- Dead bodies. Yes, get rich of your dead friends…
- Voodoo dolls which reside on the farmhouse maps.
- Dirty water.
- Ouija boards.
- Door being creaked open by a ghost and other ghostly interactions.
- Ghost itself.
Official Phasmophobia Trello Board[trello.com]
Official Phasmophobia Subreddit
Official Phasmophobia Website[kineticgames.co.uk]
Official Phasmophobia Discord[discord.gg]
That’s all we are sharing today in Phasmophobia Quick Tips and Questions Answered, if there are anything you want to add please feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll see you soon.
- Phasmophobia All Ghost Types (Strengths and Weaknesses.)
- Phasmophobia Beginners Tips (Sanity, Tracking, Salt, Item, Hidding, Camera)
- Phasmophobia Words and Phrases Ghosts Will Respond
- Phasmophobia How To Escape Any Ghost Everytime
- Phasmophobia Cursed Possessions Guide (New Update)