Guide for those who need all characters now.
After running the game for the first time you can play only with two characters.
Others can be unlocked as you progress through the story.
Switching to a new ones (as in Magicka) is possible only if you start OVER again the whole campaign with a new character, or use a complex trick with creating/joining multiplayer session.
IMHO, controversial decision of the developers. As for me, such games is a way to have a good time with friends or family, and replaying the same levels is not fun at all. In case of 4 people cooperative – you have a choice only of 2 characters, which is also not very cool.
So I decided to “google it for you” and added an obvious solution to this problem to the steam Community:
- For Windows users. Go to:
- Open options.txt file with a Notepad or any text editor
- Find (search ctrl+f) a string:
setOption(gameBaseApplicationModule, “CheatsEnabled”, false)
- Replace false with true and save the file.
- Start the game, press F8 in the main menu, the console will open. Enter the cheat code:
- If it worked, message “nil” will pop up in the console, and characters will be unlocked.
- If the console doesn’t open and the file options.txt resets to its original state each time you run the game, try this: after saving, right-click on options.txt -> Properties -> set Read-Only checkbox -> OK.
- If you want to open all staffs aswell, you can use: cheat.unlockItems().
I hope everything worked out for you. If not, ask in the comments.
Written by Zyryanoff