Simple guide for Kingmaker module describing how to get all 9 votes in the election, including why you probably wouldn’t like to do so.
This impression won’t last long and you will quickly find out that she is not a girl, but hi-speed helicopter. And no, this is not joke about gender studies.
In Kingmaker, you are to be under impression of limited time and this is provided by Alias, telling you that guildmasters are about to cast their votes every time you secure a new vote and you are careless enough to be found be her. You can coax her to delay the election few times, but after that, she will bring you to the election. Using force. Don’t forgot, she is a helicopter; have you ever tried to fight a helicopter? Don’t even think about using cheats, she has all-mighty GM powers of instantaneous (space)time-skip… Also, attacking any people in North/South Cyan may bring instant game over.
Alias’ behavior is heavily scripted. Everytime you get a new vote (probably except Mage Guild vote), Alias will catch you at designed spot and what happens obeys following rules:
- [it is first time she caught you] and [you haven’t taken Landowner Guild’s quest] – she brings you to Serah to take Landowner Guild’s quest.
- [it is not first time she caught you] and [you haven’t completed Landowner Guild’s quest] – election starts.
- [you have completed Landowner Guild’s quest] – election can be postponed.
- [you have 4+ votes] – election starts even if she has to bring you weeping and crying.
There are fortunately only three spots she can catch you in:
- North Cyan/Guildhall entrance – can be bypassed using the mirror in Mage Guild’s office/Mage Tower, which works as teleporter between these two locations.
- ‘The Empty Battlefield’/The Front gate of the keep – can be bypassed using Alias. Yes, seriously. Find her in South Cyan/Marketplace and tell her to take you out of the keep (Emerald Hills). She should wait for you to take you back in the same way.
- South Cyan/Gate between South Cyan and North Cyan – cannot be bypassed Edit: seems like it can be partially bypassed in same way as the one above, but it works only in diraction from South Cyan to Guildhall.
How to get all votes
- Speak with everyone you can and get all quests (in Mage Guild, you can get vote without doing any quests. It probably does not count, as you won’t get any XP, but don’t ask for it right now, just to be sure).
- Complete all quests you can, but do not submit any main quest.
- Be sure you have spoken with Feran in the tavern and found his secret.
- Submit quests for Forester, Merchant and Thief Guilds in South Cyan in one go.
- Get yourself caught and get to North Cyan to submit Landowner and Trade Guilds’ quest and buy the house.
- Complete and submit rest of the main quests without bumping into Alias or leaving North Cyan.
- Trigger election (by Alias or in Guildhall) and watch the clear victory.
- For every main quest you complete, you get 1000 XP, but after submitting first 5 main quests and getting the votes, you get no more XP from submitting these vote quests.
- You cannot complete all Stan’s quests (they get bugged after election if they are not completed before) which makes you lose quite a lot from the story and some XP+gold. This can also result in blocking the companion story progress (happened to me with Kaidala).
So it is probably better to complete just 5 or 6 vote quests and ignore some of the rest, especially these quests that doesn’t give you anything but XP, and submit Trade and Landowner Guilds’ quests first. Here is the list of what you can get (without basic 1000 XP award) and my personal recommendation:
- Forester Guild – Hunter’s Cloak (if you kill manticora by trap). SC.
- Merchant Guild – About 200 XP + 200 gold with evil path, or nothing with good path. SC.
- Thief Guild – Cloak of Spiders. SC.
- Mage Guild – Nothing. NC.
- Military Guild – 500 gold. NC.
- Noble Guild – Ring of protection +1. NC.
- Priest Guild – ‘-2 000‘ gold. NC.
I personally suggest to submit Forester Guild’s quest in South Cyan (SC) and Military and Noble Guilds’ quests in North Cyan (NC). Priest Guild’s quest is the worst, because you have to pay about 2000 gold to complete it.
- Submit Landowner and Trade Guild’s quests.
- Submit the rest of Stan’s quests.
- Submit all South Cyan vote quests.
- Bypass Alias with Alias (I mean, bypass the helicopter with Alias).
- Submit all quests in North Cyan.
But I have yet to confirm that it works. I currently don’t have save that I could use, so I will try it with new game once a get time.
- Island Saga Full Walkthrough (All 50 Quests)
- Ara Fell: Achievement Guide
- Mount & Blade II Bannerlord: How To Form A Kingdom
- Injustice™ 2: Legendary Multiverse Guide
- Attack it! Devil legion: Collectibles and Unlockable Guide