Genetic System is important part in Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin, it’s also a system that makes players having a headache, this guide will exlain it and make it simple.
All monsters have a 3×3 bingo board (the one at the bottom right) that can have genes, all genes have abilities with a color and a icon saying which one is what.
Being these 6 colors and 4 icons, the colors being the element (Neutral, Fire, Water, etc) and the icons the type of attack (power/speed/tactic/blank-skill)
The Bingo Board
On the bingo board we want to play tic tac toe with our Monsties genes, making 3 ways with the same color or icon through all the board.
Every match gives power to our monstie, and this can get even better if we match both icon and color, be mindful that if the gene doesnt have a icon it do not count for a extra bingo.
There can be some slots locked, like with the Jaggi, These can be locked by lvl, so you can just level up the monstie till it unlocks it, if your monstie has more than 1 slot locked without level, try to get a better monstie, sorry 🙁
The rainbow gene (the one in the middle) counts as all of the genes, but it doesnt give another ability, still pretty useful for some creativity with the bingo, tho we are keeping it simple.
Normally you’re looking for these so is a slot that you don’t need to fill.
How to mix them
With that, now you can SACRIFICE other monsties to make your team more stronger and make easier bingos using genes of the monsties that you’re no gonna use instead of only leaving them.
Where to get better genes
The Basic Power Up
That and yeah, name it, so you can love it <3 like my little Julius the Paolumus.
- Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin Getting a Nergigante Before Post-game
- Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin Large Monsters Guide (Elements, Weakness, Attack Patterns)
- Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin Attack Types Explained (Monster and Hunter)
- Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin Royal Monsters Locations, Weaknesses and Boosts
- Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin How to Wake up Monsters