Maps of boss locations, and collectibles + clarification of which Mechs you need to get them.
Unless I’m mistaken, you need to “cheat” a little to get 100%.
I won’t provide a complete walkthrough, but if you read this guide closely, you’ll wind up spoiling a lot of the backtracking that is (in my view) part of the fun of any metroidvania. I hope you let yourself play the game. I offer this guide mainly as a last resort for achievement-hunters and completionists. (The truly neurotic completionists, since Steam isn’t even counting achievements for the game at the moment.)
If you’re stuck and want a rough walkthrough: use the map below and always head toward the next Mech# and the next boss in alphabetical order, and you’ll be on the right track. Push buttons, light lamps, and don’t die.
There are 8 achievements:
- 5 = one for defeating each boss, including the final boss (not on map). Health upgrades are key here, but I don’t offer any specific strategies for each boss.
- 1 = collect all Mechs.
- 1 = 100% map completion
- 1 = Buy all the upgrades for each Mech. I don’t have any special advice here, you just need a ton of $$$.
On the right below is color-coding that indicates how I will represent each of these items on the map.
- Red “+” = Health upgrade (there is no achievement directly for collecting these)
- Blue # = Mech
- Yellow/Orange # = Robodex file
- Capital Letter = Boss
(I assigned numbers to the Robodex files based on their locations in the “Trophy Room”that you’ll eventually find. I numbered them 1-14 by counting top-to-bottom, left-to-right. These #s do not prescribe an optimal order for collecting them.)
Notes on a few things
- You can’t get Robodex #1 without Mech #6
- You can’t get Robodex #3 without Mech #1
- You can’t get Robodex #4 without Mech #6
- You can’t get Robodex #9 without Mech #2
- You can’t get Robodex #10 without either Mechs #1+#2, or Mech #4
- You can’t get Robodex #11 without Mechs #1+#3
- You can’t get Robodex #13 without Mech #7
You also cannot descend towards Robodex #5 and advance towards boss D unless you have Mech #7; that whole lower-left corner of the map is blocked off til the late game.
First, let me say, save this for last.
Second, give it a try before reading on. Really! You can see it on the map. Try to get up there!
No? Not working? Well, OK. Definitely do not proceed with this unless you already have Mech #7, or you’ll get stuck.
- Navigate to the save file, which should be in: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Mech_Chip
- Open the “Save” file in a flat text editor like Notepad. (You might want to save a backup before proceeding.)
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the file.
- Change the value of the variable “ycoord” to 261.00
- Change the value of the variable “xcoord” to 792.00
- Save the savegame file.
- Reload the game: bingo.
It doesn’t feel good, but honestly I don’t see any other way to get this achievement. I have to assume this is actually the way the dev expected folks to do it.
- Blasphemous: 100% Completion Walkthrough
- Primal Light All Secrets & Collectibles Locations (Charms, Upgrades, Easter Eggs and Extra Lives)
- Blazing Chrome: All Characters, Weapons, Battlebots and Mechs Guide
- Exodemon: 100% Walkthrough Guide
- Creaks Full Walkthrough & All Achievements Guide