This game has a lot of secrets. Here is one to test your skill and patience. you can also get the achievements guide from here.
Also rewards you with «Nothing Perosnal» achievement if you manage to find hidden dialogue within this location.
Step 1. Preparation
1) The pentagram must be activated(all the Great Old Ones must be defeated)
2) You will need to collect 3 books and have them in your inventory
3) It can be done on both Normal and Hard difficulties(easy isn’t tested yet)
4) It can be done with any character, but only the Detective and the Professor were tested so far
Step 2. Correct positioning
But this is not all you have to do to place your character accordingly as the hitbox is very small and picky.
1) Locate the line near pentagram’s center
2) Place your character so their feet are slightly above the line
3) Left and right borders of your character’s shadow must be only mildly touching the dots this line connects; also make sure they’re equally touched by your shadow
4) Face to the right as I couldn’t succeed while facing any other direction
This is how it looks in-game.
Step 3. Read a book
*Note: Theoretically it works by reading either of all 3, but I’ve always been chosing Al Azif, so the other 2 aren’t tested.
Step 4. Get transported
Note: If monsters appear instead of SFX, it means something went wrong. You’re not supposed to get any monsters if you did all the things right. You may notice this as the screenshot below lacks any monsters’ corpses.
This is what you will see:
And then this loading screen will appear: