For League of Legends players who want to play through steam, this guide provide you an easy solution to get the current version of League of Legends running through steam by creating a shortcut batch file and converting it to an executable
Launching League of Legends through steam (2022)
2. Download and install the current version of league of legends from https://www.leagueoflegends.com, you can install this anywhere you want, it does not have to be inside the League of Legends steam folder
3. Download and install Bat To Exe Converter
4. Open Bat To Exe Converter
5. copy and paste the following code into the window and replace the capitalized part:
For example this is what mine says:
6. Click Convert
7. Enter a name and save location for your batch file e.g. LeagueLauncher
8. Enter the name and save location for the executable file, currently the name has to be: lol.launcher.exe, save the executable file into the League of Legends steam folder e.g. Steam\steamapps\common\League of Legends
10. Launch League of Legends through steam!
You will see a black console window open in the background, this window needs to stay open to trick steam into thinking League of Legends is running.
The window will automatically close a few seconds after exiting League of Legends itself.