For new players of Impaler, this guide provides 10 quick tips for beginners which will help you to have a better experience
Here are ten quick tips to become a successful Impaler:
1) The game features Quake-style movement. You can use bunnyhopping and strafejumping to move quite a bit faster than just walking. (I’m sorry, but explaining those movements goes a bit too far, but check out some YouTube tutorials about them.)
2) Spike-jumps are powerful! Use them often, just create a spike under your feet to catapult yourself into the air, then jump again (you have a double-jump) to reach maximum height. This will conveniently trigger a stomping attack where you land. Use this to quickly erase groups of enemies or to clear obstacles!
The stomping attack seems to have area damage around the landing spot and shoots out some projectiles into the direction you are looking.
Pro tip: It takes some practice, but you can also reach high up with a spike jump from full sprint. Just aim a tiny bit in front of yourself instead of directly underneath your feet.
3) Some enemies are more dangerous than others. Prioritize what’s most dangerous to you. The flying demons that shoot with some kind of gun burst at you are probably the most dangerous and should be killed as soon as you can.
Listen for the sound they make when they spawn and use it as a warning. They also make a sound before they attack. You can outrun their attack or hide behind obstacles or the pillars in the room.
4) The grenade launcher enemies that stand on those rising red pillars can be dangerous and annoying, too. If you are too busy with a lot of other stuff, you can give yourself some breathing room by quickly shooting at them. They will then hide in the ground for a few seconds, before they pop up again.
5) While jumping on top of the floating stone heads is the most efficient way to get rid of them, since you can not impale them, you still can kill them by simply shooting them.
6) Try to keep your distance to slimes and shoot or impale them from a safe distance. Get rid of them quickly.
7) You can spike the gold pot to kick it up into the air and you can shoot it to push it around, this might be helpful. 😉
8) You don’t need to shoot the obstacles that stay floating until you shoot the eyes on top. As long as you don’t hang out underneath them, it might be beneficial to leave them up there. Makes it easier to push those gold pots around, you know?
9) You may have noticed these larger enemies with the yellow glow. I recommend softening their health with a few shots and finishing them with a spike. This makes impaling them easier and gives you a nice health drop.
10) Don’t pet the saw blades.
Well – good hunting, Impalers!