For Hi-Fi RUSH players who have beaten all of the 8 SPECTRA doors and find that Room 9 is impossible, this is a guide to help beat that door.
So you’ve beaten rooms 1-8…
For some damn reason, the developers thought it would be a funny joke to make a challenge where the timer counts down when touching the ground where the SECOND HALF OF THE ROUND IS WITH GROUND ENEMIES ONLY. While there are combos to send enemies flying, most require the pressing of the heavy attack button, which means you’ll only be able to lift one enemy. So what is a person to do?
In this guide, I will tell you how to complete room 9. While still insanely difficult, it’s still easier to do this then trying to blindly get door and achievement. Speaking of…
Step 1: CHIPS
The most important ones to equip are these three:
You’ll see why the “Instant Partner Recharge” and “Macaron’s Lucky Punch” in step 2, but the MAIN one to unlock is at least a level 2 or 3 “Super High Alert” chip.
This chip is the most important one to unlock because it’s ability allows us to counter attack from a parry, sending an enemy up in the air for **30 BEATS** if you don’t hit them. Keep this in mind for the later steps.
Step 2: THE STRAT
- 1. Jump as soon as the timer goes off and combo attack every flying enemy, hooking between them to not touch the ground. Easiest one to do is light combo, but any combo done perfect on each one should wipe them out.
- 2. After defeating the first wave, touch the ground while enemies spawn in. Then spam Peppermint and Macaron in while saving Korsica’s spawning in. Spam Macaron’s twice if needed with a bar from your meter. (I told you that you’d need that Instant Partner Recharge chip.) MAKE SURE YOU SINGLE JUMP ON EACH BEAT WHILE DOING THIS TO SLOW THE TIMER.
- 3. If you see one of them winding up for an attack, stop jumping. Parry the attack, and then wait for the counter attack with Korsica. Use the now LEVITATING ENEMIES to stay up in the air with your hook while you spam more partner attacks below.
- 4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you finally kill all the enemies on the ground. If the last enemy remaining if the hovering one, do an air combo to kill him.
If you struggle with the last 1-2 enemies, hooking between them on the ground can also slow the timer while you wait for the partners (Peppermint and Macaron) to finally kill them. Do these steps correctly, and you’ll have gotten the the challenge competed (as well as an easy S-rank, probably.)
- Hi-Fi RUSH Guide to Jam Combos and S Ranks
- Hi-Fi RUSH All Numbered Door Locations (Post-game)
- Hi-Fi RUSH Best and Fastest Combo Attack
- Hi-Fi RUSH Wall of Fame Objectives Guide
- Hi-Fi RUSH Tips for Lo-Fi Saunter
3 thoughts on “Hi-Fi RUSH How to Beat ROOM 9”
Found a way easier way to do this: building on OP’s idea, no need to use Korsica’s counter at all; when you get to the second wave, just spam the light attack combo while in the air, double jumping once after each combo, and spamming the peppermint + Macaron specials (take as much time as you want, you’ll remain suspended for a while using this method) (important to note: when doing the final hit of the light attack combo (with the circles) END IT WITH A LIGHT ATTACK AND NOT A HEAVY ONE, otherwise you’ll be grounded again.)
use Dash + Hard Attack
it’s impossible, there’s just not enough time…