A guide to fix your Anno CTD for any windows OS for 61 bit.
In an ideal world, the Anno binaries would be re-written for 64-bit. This can take a fair amount of work, and I don’t think the people at ubisoft are bothering for a 10 year old game (although they should if they decide to still sell it), so I’ll present to you the second best solution : To flush the excessive memory and reducing the memory load from the game.
Solution part 1
Second : We need a program called CleanMem Mini Monitor Pro. It’s freeware that you can download here https://www.pcwintech.com/cleanmem
WARNING: In the past there were some issues with this program and GTA V online. If you’d want to play both, either check the GTA forums, or install/unistall CleanMem when you want to play anno:GTAV online
*DISCLAIMER : I take no responsibility for any issues caused by CleanMem Mini Monitor Pro. Use at own responsibility*
once installed, it will look something like this
use these settings
Use the add button and add Anno4.exe and Addon.exe
If you use the program for the first tine, press install first
Then press edit task schedule
you’ll now get a list with all active tasks on your PC. Look for this one and double click
Now find it in the top list again
second one at these
The program is now set, restart your machine
Solution part 2
1) Kill as many programs you don’t need by the windows task manager.
2) Edit the anno engine.ini, find this line.
3) Go to you Nvidia:ATI control pannel and set in the AA and other gfx settings to your liking for anno 1404 and venice.
4) Start up anno, go to GFX settings and set them to this. Also set the game to windowed mode.
5) Once the game is running for a few minutes, you can change the ingame texture quallity to high. Don’t forget to put it back on medium when you load the game though : Due to too high memory loading, the memory gets already saturated during loading up a saved game. Once the game is running it’s fine. Now enjoy Anno 1404 !
A: Yes, I highly recommend it. Steam uses up memory, you want to use as little memory as possible
Q: Do I need to start a new game when using this trick ?
A: No, you should be able to play the old saves on your system.
Q: Help! The game crashes when it’s loading !
A: You forgot to set the textures back on medium. In low population games, you’ll get away with it. from ~20K onward not. Once the game is loaded you can safely set the textures back to high.
Q: After loading the game lags when I want to pop down a building. When i place it, it crashes.
A: This can rarely happen. for some or the other reason the game can demand a huge amount of resources when poping down a building after a load. Just press build on an already occupied piece of land with that building, and the lag and CTD will go away.
Q: Is there a time limmit on how much I can play the game ?
A: To my knowledge, no. I’ve played over 60 hours on a big map with 3 CPU players, 60K pop and no CTD, even with sessions lasting longer than 4 hours 🙂
- DesktopMMD Models Not Loading Solution (Nothing Shows In Manage Model Window)
- Post Scriptum: How to Fix Out of Memory Issues
- SWORD ART ONLINE Alicization Lycoris Performance Improving Guide
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning How to Fix FPS & Stutters(Nvidia Control Panel Settings)
- Kritika:REBOOT – FAQ with Issues Fixed