Here is a detailed achievement guide for Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age.
Estimated difficulty: 4/10.
Estimated 100% time: 60 – 100+ hours (depending on skill, game knowledge, etc.)
Offline/online achievements: 41 offline / 0 online.
Number of playthroughs: 1.
Glitched achievements: None that I’m aware of.
You earned all 40 other achievements. Congrats! Now go get some sun.
Simply attack 300 times manually, through gambits, and even characters you’re not currently operating.
Simply cast Magicks 200 times manually, through gambits, and even characters you’re not currently operating.
Simply use Technicks 100 times manually, through gambits, and even characters you’re not currently operating.
You must successfully steal an item from a monster 50 times. You can only steal 1 item per monster. Vaan starts off with the Steal technik and this can be easily farmed in lower level areas of the game.
Simply defeat 500 monsters yourself, or even through characters you’re not currently operating.
To create a chain, you must kill a single monster type over and over, without killing a different one in between. If you’re struggling, disable Gambits and manually attack the same monster until you earn the achievement. If you need to refresh enemy spawns, head 2 areas away from the one you’re currently in, then return.
This will come naturally as you play through the game.
This is cumulative. You do not need all 100,000 on you at one time.
Open chests, complete hunts, and sell weapons and armor you aren’t using, as well as any and all monster drops.
Clan points are earned after joining Clan Centurio in the North Sprawl area of Rabanastre. Once you’ve joined, any and all monsters you kill will give you clan points. Hunt monsters reward you with more than normal monsters. You can check progress in your Clan Primer.
Buy new weapons and gear when you can. Many shops also sell Gambits, Technicks, Magicks, and basic survival needs if you need to stock up. If you’re pressed for money, you can buy the Cat-eared Hood from the clan provisioner in Rabanastre’s Muthru Bazaar for 50,000 gil. It will become available for purchase after acquiring 300,000 clan points and defeating 28 marks. When equipped, the hood turns LP into gil. The amount earned is the characters level x 5.
Sell any weapons and armor you’re not currently using, as well as any and all monster drops you earn.
You must have all 6 party members available to earn this achievement, meaning the earliest you can get it is just after the Leviathan.
You can find an Embroidered Tippet accessory (double EXP) in the following locations:
- Nam-Yensa Sandsea – Simoon Bluff (treasure chest)
- Feywood – Antiquity’s End (treasure chest)
- Pharos Subterra – Penumbra North (treasure chest)
as well as a 5% chance to Poach them off of Coeurls in the Tchita Uplands.
License Points (LP) are earned every time you kill a monster. Normal monsters give 1 LP, but some of the stronger ones will give a bit more. Bosses and Hunts also give a large number of LP. If you kill every enemy you come across or farm for levels you will eventually earn this in the process.
You can find a Golden Amulet (double LP) in the following locations:
- Ogir-Yensa Sandsea – Platform 1 Refinery (treasure chest)
- Feywood – White Magick’s Embrace (treasure chest)
- Pharos Subterra – Penumbra South (treasure chest)
They can also be earned via purchasing a Glit Phylactery from the Bazaar, completing the Defense of Ozmone Plains hunt, or from the Hunt Club and Patient in the Desert side quests.
This is hands down the most time consuming achievement in the game. You will need to kill every normal area enemy, all 80 rare game, all 45 hunt monsters, all 13 Espers, and every boss within the game.
I highly recommend completing Trial Mode before attempting to finish this as trial mode will give you access to certain rare game, bosses, and enemies that could otherwise be a pain to hunt down.
The Dalmasca Sands
- Wild Saurian
- Gnoma Entite
- Dive Talon
- Wooly Gator
- Happy Bunny
- Great Tortoise
- Silicon Tortoise
- Wild Snake
- Storm Elemental
- Mardu Entite
- Dire Rat
- Baritine Croc
- Malboro Overking
- Water Elemental
- Tiny Mimic
- Battery Mimic
- Tiny Battery
- Skull Defender
- Dead Bones
- Killer Mantis
- Dark Lord
- Salamand Entite
Tomb of Raithwall
- Lost Soul
- Lesser Chimera
- Zombie Mage
- Skull Warrior
- Hybrid Gator
- Sylphi Entite
- Great Malboro
- White Wolf
- Emperor Aevis
- Dark Skeleton
- Slaven Warder
- Skull Knight
- Ice Elemental
- Wild Onion
- Leshach Entite
Stilshrine of Miriam
- Zombie Warrior
- Blood Gigas
- Night Walker
- Dragon Aevis
- Miriam Guardian
- Miriam Facer
- Ash Wyrm
- Clay Golem
- Slaven Wilder
- Fire Elemental
- Pumpkin Head
- Malboro King
- Phon Coast
- Silver Lobo
- Air Elemental
- Feral Croc
- Earth Elemental
Sochen Cave Palace
- Pit Fiend
- Zombie Knight
- Deadly Nightshade
- Mandragora Prince
- Alraune King
- Onion Queen
- Preying Mantis
- Pumpkin Star
- Holy Elemental
- Gargoyle Baron
- Mom Bomb
- Mythril Golem
- Diakon Entite
- Chimera Brain
- Magick Pot
- Dragon Lich
- Cataract Aevis
- Undin Entite
- Scythe Mantis
- Shambling Corpses
- Shield Wyrm
- Leamonde Entite
Necrohol of Nabudis
- Dark Elemental
- Zombie Warlock
- Rogue Tomato
- Flowering Cactoid
- White Mousse
- Ring Wyrm
- Wyvern Lord
- Feral Retriever
- Wild Malboro
- Vorpal Bunny
- Gil Snapper
- Behemoth King
- Mimic Queen
- Demon Wall
- Earth Tyrant
- Elder Wyrm
- Humbaba Mistant
- King Bomb
- Hell Wyrm
- Omega Mark XII
- Bull Croc
- Wary Wolf
- Kaiser Wolf
- Lindbur Wolf
- Crypt Bunny
- Matriarch Bomb
- Rain Dancer
- Ripe Rampager
- Biding Mantis
- Wood Toad
- Terror Tyrant
- Glaring Eye
- Cultsworn Lich
- Evil Spirit
- Larva Eater
- Grey Molter
- Crystal Knight
- Grave Lord
- Zombie Lord
- Vagrant Soul
- Bull Chocobo
- Urutan Exite
- Judge Ghis
- Imperial Elite
- Judge Bergan
- Imperial Armament
- Judge Gabranth
- Doctor Cid
You must acquire every Magick in the game. This means the actually item/Magick itself, not the license on the boards.
Curaja, Blizzaga, Slowga, Darkga, Thundaga, Confuse, Firaga, Arise, Shock, and Graviga
can all be purchased from Magick shops throughout the game. Once you’ve returned to Balfonheim after Giruvegan, you can easily buy them all.
Purchased from the merchant in the Barheim Passage after the events in Giruvegan.
Purchased after defeating Hydro in Pharos, near the end of the game. Go to the Cloister of the Highborn in the Necrohol of Nabudis and at the room in northern tip of the area, is a secret Baknamy merchant. Interact with the Southwestern corner of this room and the Baknamy will appear to sell you items. It is here you can purchase Esunaga. The rest are found in treasure chests.
Dalmasca Estersand – Yardang Labyrinth
Dalmasca Estersand – Sand Swept Naze
Dreadnought Leviathan – Starboard Section (missable)
Ogir-Yensa Sandsea – Platform 1
Ogir-Yensa Sandsea – Primary Tank Complex
Nam-Yensa Sandsea – Demesne of the Sandqueen
Tomb of Raithwall – Royal Passage
Tomb of Raithwall – Royal Passage
Giza Plains – Nomad Village (The Rains)
Tchita Uplands – The Lost Way
Eruyt Village – Fane of the Path
Paramina Rift – Karydine Glacier
Stilshrine of Miriam – Ward of Velitation
Tchita Uplands – Oliphzak Rise
Cerobi Steppe – The Terraced Bank (20% chance to spawn.)
The Feywood – White Magick’s Embrace
The Feywood – The Edge of Reason
Giruvegan – The Haalmika Water-Steps
Great Crystal – Sirhru Phllam Pratii’vaa
Great Crystal – Uldobi Phullam Pratii
Nabreus Deadlands – Lifeless Strand
Necrohol of Nabudis – Hall of the Ivory Covenant
Necrohol of Nabudis – Cloister of the Highborn
Necrohol of Nabudis – Cloister of Distant Song
Necrohol of Nabudis – Hall of Effulgent Light
Lhusu Mines – Staging Area
Henne Mines – Special Charter Shaft
Pharos First Ascent – Wellspring Ravel
Pharos Third Ascent – Spire Ravel 1st Flight
Pharos Third Ascent – Spire Ravel 2nd Flight
You must acquire every Technik in the game. This means the actually item/Technik itself, not the license on the boards.
Libra, Poach, First Aid, Souleater, Charge, Traveler, and Horology
can all be purchased from Technik shops throughout the game. Once you’ve returned to Balfonheim after Giruvegan, you can easily buy them all. The rest are found in treasure chests.
Lhusu Mines – Transitway 1
Dreadnought Leviathan – Sub-control Room (missable)
Ogir-Yensa Sandsea – Platform 1-East Tanks
Garamsythe Waterway – No. 4 Cloaca Spur (activate sluice gate switch No. 4.)
Shades of Black
Tomb of Raithwall – Cloister of Flame
Henne Mines – Phase 1 Dig
Paramina Rift – Spine of the Icewyrm
Zertinan Caverns – Canopy of Clay
Mosphoran Highwaste – Rays of Ashen Light
The Salikawood – Quietened Trace
Cerobi Steppe – Old Elanise Road
Sochen Cave Palace – Falls of Time (complete the Pilgrim’s Door puzzle.)
Draklor Laboratory – 70th Floor (missable)
The Pharos Second Ascent – Station of Ascension
Barheim Passage – The Zeviah Span
Lhusu Mines – Site 9
Henne Mines – Special Charter Shaft (10% chance to spawn.)
The Pharos Subterra – Abyssal North (10% chance to spawn.)
The Morbid Urn is an item you can buy from the Bazaar for 250,000 gil after selling Phobos Glaze, Horakhty’s Flame, and Deimos Clay.
To acquire these items you must complete the following hunts:
Available after obtaining the Dawn Shard. You also need to have your Clan Rank be Vanguard or higher (20,000 Clan Points and defeat 8 hunts.)
The Gil Snapper is found in Giza Plains during the wet season when it is raining. To reach the Gil Snapper, you must cut down six withered trees throughout the plains in the following locations:
- Gizas North Bank
- Throne Road
- Toam Hills
- Starfall Field
- Crystal Glade
- Nomad Village
Once you have cut down all six withered threes, they will form a bridge in the South Bank that you can cross to reach the Gil Snapper. The Gil Snapper only appears during raining weather but Bansat will alert you whether the Gil Snapper appears. Simply leave and re-enter the area until he does.
Available after obtaining the Dawn Shard. Your Clan Rank must also be Headhunter (30,000 Clan Points and defeating 10 hunts.
Orthros can be found in the Southern Sluiceway of the Garamsythe Waterway but only if your party consists of three females.
The Trickster becomes available after visiting Mt. Bur-Omisace for the first time. Your Clan Rank must also be Headhunter (30,000 Clan Points and defeated 10 hunts.)
The Trickster has a 30% chance to spawn in the Frozen Brook area of the Paramina Rift. Monid will alert you whether or not Trickster has spawned or not every time you enter the area so exit and re-enter until it does.
You must step foot into every single area of the game. You do not need to completely fill out the map, just entering the area is enough to register. (I’m unsure if maps from urns count as registering the areas.)
A Concurrence activates when you activate a certain number of mist charges. You must activate all 8 to earn this. This is a fair bit luck based in getting the right charges and will probably require you to grind it out near a save crystal to refill your Mist bars.
- Inferno – 3 level 1 Quickenings
- Cataclysm – 6 level 1 Quickenings
- Torrent – 2 level 1 Quickenings | 2 level 2 Quickenings
- Windburst – 4 level 2 Quickenings
- Ark Blast – 2 level 1 Quickenings | 2 Level 2 Quickenings | 2 Level 3 Quickenings
- Whiteout – 4 Level 3 Quickenings
- Luminescence – 3 Level 1 Quickenings | 3 Level 2 Quickenings | 3 Level 3 Quickenings
- Black Hole – 4 Level 1 Quickenings | 4 Level 2 Quickenings | 4 Level 3 Quickenings
Black Hole is the hardest to activate and requires a good bit of luck as well as reaction time to complete. I highly suggest always starting with level 3 charges and activating 3’s whenever they appear.
Deathgaze becomes available after Giruvegan. Your Clan Rank must be Riskbreaker (200,000 Clan Points and killed 16 hunts) before being able to accept this hunt.
Deathgaze can also be fought in stage 65 of trial Mode.
To find Deathgaze, head to any Aerodrome and talk to the kid that posted the bill. Fly an airship to any location, and talk to him every time you land until he says the Deathgaze is very close (the chance of Deathgaze appearing double every time you speak to the boy, up to a maximum of 64%.) You’ll know he has appeared when a cutscene plays out on the airship.
Deathgaze begins the fight with a physical resistance rendering physical attacks useless for 2 minutes. He is weak to ice so Blizzaga or its lower counterparts can be a good choice for early damage. Silence and Sap can also be inflicted upon Deathgaze, and the Techniks Expose and Shear are helpful to lower his physical and magic defenses. Don’t forget to buff your party with Shell, Protect, Bubble, Haste, Bravery, and Faith to further increase your odds. Esuna or Esunage will help, and a stock of Serum or Remedy to remove Disease from party members, or Bubble to make them immune to Disease.
Fafnir becomes available after Giruvegan. Your Clan Rank must be Riskbreaker (200,000 Clan Points and killed 16 hunts) before being able to accept this hunt.
Fafnir can also be fought in stage 89 of Trial Mode.
To find Fafnir, you must enter Silverflow’s End in Paramina Rift while a blizzard is active. You can do this in 2 ways. The first is to zone into the Paramina Rift from another area such as the Feywood, or talk to the quest giver, Relj to trigger a blizzard. Note that if you enter the Frozen Brook area, the storm will end, so you must go around it.
Fafnir can be a difficult enemy if you are ill-equipped. Heading into the fight with a Rose Corsage on your White Mage / Healers would be extremely beneficial. This will make it so that your White Mage healer is immune to Silence. Fafnir can also cast sleep so Nishijin Belts may be a good idea as well. Fafnir is susceptible to Slow and Sap, so be sure to cast them on him often to help yourself out as well as casting Shell, Protect, Bubble, Haste, Bravery, and Faith on your party.
If he’s proving difficult to kill their is a cheese method. Within his area is a large rock. Simply position yourself behind it and he cannot target you. If he’s in the right spot, you can attack him with long range weapons or spells and he will simply stand there and take it,
Trickster becomes available after Mt. Bur-Omisace. Your Clan Rank must be Headhunter (30,000 Clan Points and killed 10 hunts) before being able to accept this hunt.
Trickster can also be fought in stage 58 of Trial Mode.
To find the Trickster, head to the Frozen brook area from Mt. Bur-Omisace and Monid will tell you whether the Trickster is near or not. If he isn’t, keep re-zoning into the area until Monid says he is there.
Be aware that Trickster can run away from you and become invisible when far enough from your party. Casting Dispel on it to remove Protect at the start of the fight is a good idea. Its elemental weakness changes every time you hit it with its weakness, so you can set your Black Mage or Red Battlemage to target its weakness by having a character with the Libra status effect and setting up Gambits like Foe: Fire weak or Foe: Lightning weak, etc.
When its HP gets low, Trickster will cast a physical resistance, causing physical attacks to be useless for two minutes. On top of this, all elemental damage will heal it, except for the element it is weak to. Adjust your Gambits as necessary, cast non-elemental Magicks, or simply wait out the 2 minutes.
Carrot becomes available after defeating Judge Bergan. Your Clan Rank must be Brave Companion (100,000 Clan Points and killed 14 hunts) before being able to accept this hunt.
Carrot can also be fought in stage 70 of Trial Mode.
To find Carrot, you must enter the Sun-Dappled Path in the Salikawood with no enemies being killed on your way there. This includes Antares using Cannibalize on other enemies. When you find Carrot, cast Dispel immediately to remove its Reflect, Protect, Shell, Haste, Bravery and Faith buffs. Carrot will sometimes use Hero’s March to reapply his buffs, so you will have to reapply Dispel a few times. Carrot can also use Putrid Breath, which inflicts Sleep, Slow, Blind, Poison, Oil, Sap, Confuse, Petrify and Immobilize so having a party member with Esuna or Esunage can be extremely helpful. A Remedy or Ribbon accessory will also help.
When Carrot’s HP is low, it will use Growing Threat, which will double its level. When this happens, I recommend trying to finish it off with a powerful Quickening chain or Concurrence to kill it before it becomes a problem.
Gilgamesh becomes available after Giruvegan. Your Clan Rank must be Riskbreaker (200,000 Clan Points and killed 16 hunts) before being able to accept this hunt.
Gilgamesh can also be fought in stage 94 of Trial Mode. Note that i did not receive the achievement when defeating him here and still had to complete the hunt in story mode. I’m unsure if this is a glitch or not.
The battle begins with Gilgamesh and Enkidu, his wolf companion. Gilgamesh is susceptible to Slow, and Enkidu is susceptible to Sleep, Slow, Silence, Poison, Blind and Oil. If you have a Nihopalaoa accessory, a Remedy will do wonders to instantly inflict all those ailments on them. I recommend removing Enkidu from the battle first so that you only have to worry about Gilgamesh. Every 20% of Gligamesh’s HP that you remove will trigger a cutscene where he pulls out a new sword to use. Every time this happens, he will be buffed with Protect and Shell so use Dispel on him immediately. You will also have to recast Slow on him. Once he reaches ~20% HP or less, he will cast a Magick barrier on himself, rendering physical and magical attacks useless for 2 minutes.
Once defeated, the two will run deeper into Lhusu Mines. Note that you will need the Site 11 key to pursue them.
Once you trigger the second part of the battle, there will be a few changes. Gilgamesh will have more health, as well as more attack and defense. He can also cast Level 2 Sleep, Level 3 Disable and Level 4 Petrify. Any character whose level is divisible by 2 will be inflicted with Sleep, any character whose level is divisible by 3 will be inflicted with Disable, and any character whose level is divisible by 4 will be inflicted by Petrify. A Nishijin Belt can counteract Sleep, Black Belt for Disable, and Fuzzy Miter for Petrify. I recommend casting Dispel or Dispelga on the pair to remove their status buffs. You can also still use a Niholapaoa on Enkidu to inflict Sleep, Poison and Oil, but Gilgamesh is immune this time around. Once again, I recommend defeating Enkidu first. Oil will make him very weak to Fire. Much like the first encounter, every 20% of Gilgamesh’s HP will trigger a cutscene with a new sword. You will have to cast Dispel on him and recast any debuffs. Once Gilgamesh reaches ~20% of HP he will cast another barrier that makes him immune to ALL damage for 2 minutes. Keep your party healed for the time being, then once it drops, recast Dispel and any debuffs as necessary. Be careful in this stage as he will become very aggressive. He will deal more damage, and have longer combos.
Behemoth king becomes available after Giruvegan. Your Clan Rank must be Riskbreaker (200,000 Clan Points and killed 16 hunts) before being able to accept this hunt.
Behemoth King can also be fought in stage 90 of trial Mode.
In order to spawn Behemoth King, first go to the Edge of Reason in the Feywood and defeat the Giruveganus, found near the middle of the area. Afterwards, head to the Ice Field of Clearsight and defeat every enemy in the area. Do a few laps to make sure that every enemy has been defeated. Next, return to the Edge of Reason and the Behemoth King should have spawned instead of the Giruveganus in the middle of the map.
Buff your party with Bubble, Protect, Shell, Bravery and Faith. Behemoth King resists elemental damage, so set non-elemental spells to your Gambits, such as Bio, Shock, Flare, Scourge, or Scathe. Behemoth King can also inflict disease, so have a stock of Serums, Remedy, or cast Bubble on your party. When you start the fight, cast Dispel on the Behemoth King to remove all of its buffs. He immune to all status ailments so don’t waste your Remedy’s or MP. You can use Wither and Addle to lower its physical and magick attack, as well as Expose and Shear to lower its physical and magick defense.
A popular method for dealing with Behemoth King is to cast Decoy, Reverse, haste, and and Berserk on your tankiest character. This will make it so they’re dealing an insane amount of damage very quickly, as well as getting healed every time the Behemoth king attacks them. Once his HP is low, he will either cast a physical or a Magick barrier. Use the opposite form of attack to continue dealing damage to him. Once his HP is in the critical phase, he will cast Growing Threat, doubling his level. I recommend attempting a Quickening chain or powerful Concurrence to finish him off in this stage.
Yiazmat becomes available after defeating the Hell Wyrm, and all hunts excluding the 44th hunt: God or Devil. Yiazmat is the hardest hunt in the game and one of the strongest enemies you’ll face.
Yiazmat is also found in stage 98 of Trial Mode and is significantly easier. if your primary goal is to simply earn the achievements, I recommend fighting him here.
Yiazmat is located in the Colosseum of the Ridorana Cataract and he has over 50 million HP, powerful physical attacks that have a chance to inflict instant death and the ability to buff itself.Prepare for a lengthy and difficult fight.
To begin, it’s worth noting that you can leave the area of the battle to heal your party up and recast any buffs you may need / take a quick breather, Keep in mind though, that Yiazmat will cast Regen and slowly start regaining health if you do this, but it is a viable strategy. His arena is also covered in traps, so it’s worth either activating them all, or casting Float on your party constantly. Yiazmat is resistant to all elemental damage except for holy damage and dark damage. He is immune to Holy, and weak to Dark. Having a Shikari with the Yagyu Darkblade is a good idea. Before starting the fight, be sure to cast Bubble, Protect, Shell, Bravery, Faith, Haste and any other buffs that you want. Ensure you have a White Mage whose sole job is to keep the party alive, healed, and buffed.
As soon as you start the fight, cast Dispel to remove all of Yiazmat’s buffs. You may want to set this as a Gambit, as he will cast a large amount of buffs on himself constantly. It is also extremely helpful to cast Wither, Addle, and Expose 6 times each to lower his physical attack, magick attack, and physical defense as much as possible. Yiazmat’s regular attacks have a 5% chance to inflict instant death, so setting Gambits to cast Arise or use a Phoenix Down as soon as a party member is KO’d is very important. Yiazmat also casts Death Strike, which has a high chance of inflicting instant death, but the chances are lowered if the target is buffed with Shell. Yiazmat can also inflict Stop, Sap, and Petrify. A Tourmaline Ring accessory will make the wearer immune to Sap, the Fuzzy Miter renders the wear immune to Petrify and the Power Armlet renders the wearer immune to Stop. A Ribbon will also be extremely effective in the fight to prevent any and all status ailments. Once Yiazmat’s HP gets low enough, he will cast Growing Threat, doubling his level. Keep pressure applied, heal your party as needed, and retreat when necessary. Eventually you will defeat him!
Hell Wyrm becomes available after completing the Vyraal hunt, which you can accept after completing Draklor Laboratory. Your Clan Rank must be Ward of Justice (40,000 Clan Points and killed 12 hunts).
Hell Wyrm can also be fought in stage 87 of Trial Mode. Note however, that you will need to enter his room regardless for the Cartographer achievement.
After defeating Vyraal, you will obtain a Dragon Scale. Return to the hunt petitioner to complete the hunt, then return to the Northsward area in the Cerobi Steppe, and inspect Windmill #10 to trigger a cutscene. Afterwards, you will receive the Age Worn Key. With the key in hand, head to the Destiny’s March area of the Sochen Cave Palace to begin the puzzle of unlocking the Ascetic’s Door. Head to the circular junction of the area (the cavern section that leads back to the Falls of Time area, and head to the furthest right branch. Enter the door there, and continue opening the doors in a clockwise rotation until you’re back where you started to receive a prompt that a door has opened. Head to the left side of the door section to locate the Ascetic’s Door which is now open. Head in and use the Age Worn Key on the second door to enter Hell Wyrms arena.
Cast Protect, Shell, Bubble, Bravery and Faith on your party prior to using the Age Worn Key, as this will start the battle immediately. Much like Behemoth King, a popular strategy is to set up your tank with Decoy, Reverse, Haste, and Berserk so that they can draw the Hell Wyrm’s aggro and heal from its hits. Wither, Addle, and Expose can all be casted on Hell Wyrm 6 times each to lower his physical attack, Magick attack, and physical defense. Hell Wyrm is also weak to Holy damage, so giving your Bushi or Knight Excalibur could be a good idea. Much like Yiazmat, Hell Wyrm’s physical attacks have a 5% chance of causing instant death so set a Gambit to case Raise or Arise on a character as soon as they are KO’d. Hell Wyrm can also inflict Petrify, and Stop.
Once his HP is low enough, he will cast Invert, which will flip your party’s HP and MP. If you’re using the Tank method with Reverse, this shouldn’t cause an issue.
Ultima can be located after the events of Giruvegan. You will have to return and reach the peak of the Great Crystal. Due to there being no in-game map for this location, you can find one at the top of this guide.
Ultima can also be fought in stage 95 of Trial Mode, however you will still need to defeat her in story mode for the High Summoner achievement.
Once you reach the area before Ultima with the save crystal, cast Bubble, Protect, Shell, Bravery and Faith. Do not cast Reverse on your tank for this battle. When a character is Reversed, Ultima will cast Renew on them, leaving them with only 1 HP. Ultima can inflict Sap so Tourmaline Rings might be useful to counter that. During the battle against Ultima, your HP and MP will continuously drain so be sure to keep an eye on them.
As soon as the battle begins, Ultima will use her special attack, Holyja. Holyja is capable of inflicting Reverse on your party members so cure this immediately because Ultima will use Renew on inflicted characters, leaving them with 1 HP. Ultima uses Holyja after every twelve attacks so you should expect it when it comes. Use Dispel on Ultima immediately to remove her buffs. Ultima is weak to Dark, so using the Yagu Darkblade could be a good idea for good damage. Ultima is also susceptible to Blind but she can also cure it. Ultima occasionally casts Reflectga. If you have an Opal Ring, you can abuse this quite a bit. The Opal Ring allows the wearer to bypass Reflect, so if you equip it on your healer, their healing spells will not bounce off and heal Ultima. If you have a Red Battlemage, they can cast Darkga on your party, which will bounce off and hit Ultima multiple times.
When Ultima’s HP is low, she will use Holyja more often and you won’t be able to tell when it will be used. She will shuffle through special restrictions to further debilitate you as well. These include command seals, like Attack, Magick, Items or HP and MP draining or increasing the charge time of your attacks and spells. Using a Quickening chain on Ultima at this stage may be helpful to quickly finish her off.
Zodiark becomes available after you have acquired at least ten Espers. Once you’ve acquired ten Espers, go to Jahara and speak to Geomancer Yugelu in the Lull of the Land to unlock a new area of the Henne Mines. Head there and make your way through to the Special Charter Shaft area to locate Zodiark.
Zodiark can also be fought in stage 97 of Trial Mode, however you will still need to defeat him in story mode for the High Summoner achievement.
Before entering, cast Bubble, Protect, Shell, Haste, Bravery, and Faith. Zodiark’s special move, Darkja has a chance to inflict instant death or Blind on your party, and he will always begins the battle with this attack. Immediately use Dispel on Zodiark to remove its Reflect, Protect, Shell and Haste buffs. It will occasionally reapply them so set a Gambit to cast Dispel whenever it is buffed. Zodiark is immune to all status ailments. Zodiark is weak to Holy damage, so Excalibur will be a good choice of weapon for the fight. Like Gilgamesh, Zodiark can also cast Level 2 Sleep, Level 3 Disable and Level 4 Break so protect yourself by wearing the appropriate accessory if your characters’ levels are divisible by 2, 3 or 4.
When Zodiark’s HP gets low, it will use Darkja more often. It will set up a Physical barrier that doesn’t wear off, and it will use Shift to constantly change its elemental weakness. At this point, using non-elemental magicks such as Scourge, Scathe, Flare or Shock are your best bet to inflict damage, or a Quickening Chain could also help in finishing off the fight before Zodiark overwhelms you.
You must obtain all 13 Espers located within the game. Belias, Mateus, Hashmal, Famfrit, and Shemhazai are all story related and cannot be missed. Ultima and Zodiark are covered above (refer to Fell Angel, and Zodiac Knight for more details.)
You must first complete the Wraith, and White Mousse hunts to obtain the Sluice Gate Key.
- Enter Garamsythe Waterway and go to the Central Waterway Control. There should be 4 sluice gate switches. To start, turn all 4 of them off.
- Activate sluice gate switches 3 and 10.
- Enter the No. 3 Cloaca Spur. Make your way all the way to the end to find the No. 1 South Waterway Control Switch. Activate it and return to the Central Waterway Control.
- Deactivate sluice gate switches 3 and 10, then activate sluice gate switches 4 and 11.
- Enter the No. 4 Cloaca Spur. Make your way all the way to the end to find the No. 1 North Waterway Control Switch. Activate it and return to the Central Waterway Control.
- Deactivate the sluice gate switch 10, then activate sluice gate switch 3. In other words, only sluice gate switches 3 and 4 should be activated.
- Enter the No. 1 Cloaca, where Cuchulainn is located.
Adrammelech is located in the Athroza Quicksands area of the Zertinan Caverns. To reach this area, you must enter the Zertinan Caverns from the Switchback area of Ozmone Plains.
The Flowering Catoid and Nidhogg hunts must be complete.
- Visit Dantro’s Wife at the South Bank Village of the Dalmasca Estersand and give her the Cactus Flower obtained from the Flowering Cactoid Hunt.
- Exit and re-enter the village.
- Speak to Tchigri on a boat near the shore to be ferried across the river.
- Talk to Ruksel.
- Return to Dantro’s Wife, then inspect the flower behind her house.
- Speak to Tchigri again to return across the river.
- Speak to Dantro’s Wife and she will request four Semclam Shells. Two can be located on the shore in the South Bank Village and three on the shore in the Banks of the Nebra.
- Return and give them to Dantro’s Wife. She will then ask for Nebralim. This can be located on the crates behind Dantro at the Outpost.
- Return to Dantro’s Wife. Next, she asks for Valeblossom Dew. Cross the river and go to the Broken Sands area.
- Return to Dantro’s Wife and give her the Valeblossom Dews. Finally, she will ask for a Great Serpentskin, which was the reward from the Niddhogg hunt. If you didn’t sell it, give it to her. If you did sell it, the quest will still end but your reward will be different.
- Leave the immediate area and re-enter.
- Speak to Dantro’s Wife and she’ll tell you the patient is waiting for you behind her house.
- Speak to him to receive the Barheim Key.
You can now access a new area of Barheim from the banks of Nebra. Make your way to the end of this new section to locate Zalera.
- Head to the teleport crystal of the Mosphoran Highwaste (The Bubbling Vale.)
- In the Bubbling Vale, activate the South Wind Shrine.
- Enter the Rays of Ashen Light from the northeast exit of the Bubbling Vale and ride the Chocobo to the newly opened path (exclamation point on the map).
- With the Chocobo, go all the way West and then go through the grassy area to reach the Skyreach Ridge.
- Dismount the Chocobo and take the path from the Skyreach Ridge back to the Bubbling Vale.
- Activate the West Wind Shrine.
- Push the weathered rock to create a path down to the Bubbling Vale.
- Activate the Northwest Wind Shrine.
- Mount the Chocobo in the Rays of Ashen Light area again.
- Return to the Skyreach Ridge and cross the new paths (exclamation points on the map) up to the peak of the ridge to find Exodus.
After defeating Judge Bergan at Mt. But-Omisace, talk to the Acolyte waddling around the bottom of the stairs that lead to the temple. He will give you the Stone of the Condemner. Return to the Stilshrine of Miriam, and head to the end of the first room to locate the Waystone. use the Stone of the Condemner and then use the Waystone to teleport to the Throne of Veiled Gods to find Zeromus.
Chaos is located in the Necrochol of Nabudis but there is a lonng sidequest you must complete first.
- Go to Lowtown and speak to Roh’kenmou at Old Dalan’s Place. He will ask you to collect three medallion shards.
- The Blackened Fragment is a reward for completing the Orthros Hunt.
- Go to the Central Waterway Control of the Garamsythe Waterway.
- Close all four sluice gate switches and then activate them all in this order:
- Activate the No. 11 Area Panel
- Activate the No. 4 Area Panel
- Deactivate the No. 11 Area Panel
- Activate the No. 3 Area Panel
- Deactivate the No. 4 Area Panel
- Afterwards, you can collect the Dull Fragment on the ground in the circular area. It will be a sparkle on the floor in front of No. 1 Cloaca.
- To obtain the Grimy Fragment, speak to Filo in Lowtown’s South Sprawl.
- Afterwards, in Rabanastre’s Southern Plaza, find and talk to the Curious Woman near the fountain. Head to the Muthru Bazaar and speak to the Bangaa located just past the Clan Provisioner and ask about the necklace.
- Go to the Magick Shop and speak with the Sotted Imperial.
- Finally, return to speak with Filo, reply with “Sure, let’s go” and after the cutscene, you will obtain the Grimy Fragment.
- Return to Roh’kenmou and give him the shards. You must do this to progress the side-quest.
- Head to Archades.
- Go to the Magick Shop and speak to Roh’Kenmu.
- Go to Old Archades and speak to the Proper Gent / Otto in the Alley of Muted Sighs.
- Return to Roh’Kenmu and give him the medallion.
- Return to Ma’Kleou at the Nabreus Deadlands and speak to him.
- Afterwards, take the hidden path in the Northwest of the Slumberland to the Overlooking Eternity area.
- At the end of the path, examine the monument.
- With these three Medallions in hand, go to the Necrohol of Nabudis.
- Go to the Cloister of Distant Song and open the locked door with the Medallion of Bravery to fight the Humbaba Mistant.
- Make your way to the Hall of Ivory Covenant and use the Medallion of Love to open the locked door to fight Fury.
- You can now make your way to the Cloister of the Highborn and unlock the door there to face Chaos.
Story related. Cannot miss.
Story related. Cannot miss.
Story related. Cannot miss.
Story related. Cannot miss.
Story related. Cannot miss.
Story related. Cannot miss.
Story related. Cannot miss.
Story related. Cannot miss.
Buff your party with the usual buffs before inspecting the lift controls. Once the first battle with Vayne begins, cast Dispel on him to remove his Haste. Vayne is susceptible to Oil. When ~50% of his HP is gone, a cutscene will begin. His Haste will be reapplied so cast Dispel on him again, then quickly bring him down.
Once the 2nd phase against Vayne Novus starts, cast Dispel immediately to remove his Protect, Shell and Haste buffs. Vayne’s physical attacks can cause Immobilize so equip Black Belts or Ribbons to prevent that. When ~50% of his HP is gone, a cutscene will play. Afterwards, Vayne’s buffs will be reapplied so cast Dispel immediately to remove them. When his HP is very low, another cutscene will play. Afterwards, cast Dispel to remove his buffs again. He will now cast a Magick shield, rendering him immune to magick spells for two minutes.
You’re now in the 3rd and final phase of Vayne’s fight; The Undying. The Undying casts Piercing Dispelga on your party to remove their buffs so don’t go too crazy trying to keep them up throughout the fight. The Undying can also cast Bravery, and Faith throughout the battle so set a Gambit to cast Dispel on him whenever he’s buffed. When ~25% of his HP is gone, he will cast a Magick Barrier, rendering him immune to Magick damage for two minutes. When ~50% of his HP is gone, he will use Perfect Defense, rendering him immune to all physical damage and magick spells for two minutes.
A decent strategy for dealing damage, especially near the end of the fight, is Gil Toss. If you have a lot of money saved up, each use of the technik will deal 10,000 damage.
See Imperator below for more details.
- Dire Rat x6
- Thextera, Alpha Wolf, Alpha Hyena
- Flowering Cactoid, Cactoids x2, Cactite x4, Ripe Rampager (optional)
- Razorfin, Ichthon x4
- Nekhbet, Werewolf, Cockatrice x4
- Cluckatrice, Chickatrice x4
- Judge x2, Imperial Swordsman x2 (optional), Imperial Magus (optional)
- Bagoly x6, Imdugud (optional)
- Liches x3, Cultsworn Lich (optional)
- Jelly x8, Melt (optional)
- Panther x5
- Elder Wyrm, Treant x2 (optional)
- Mateus, Ice Azer x5 (optional)
- Mindflayer x3
- Ring Wyrm
- Earth Tyrant
- Vulture x6
- King Bomb, Bombs x3 (optional)
- Topstalk, Deadly Nightshade x8
- Pumpkin Star, Pumpkin Head x8
- Mandragora Prince, Mandragora x8
- Onion Queen, Wild Onion x8
- Alraune King, Alraune x8
- Topstalk, Pumpkin Star, Mandragora Prince, Onion Queen, Alraune King
- Wendice, Striker x2, Cubus (optional)
- Ahriman, Ahriman copy x6 (optional)
- Gil Snapper, Storm Elemental x3 (optional)
- Bansat, Seeq Fisher x4, Apsara (optional)
- Zalera, Dead Bones x4 (optional)
- Scythe Mantis x4
- Marilith, Bogey x3 (optional)
- Adrammelech, Skulwyrm x2 (optional)
- Dreadguard, Mirrorknight x4
- Behemoth x5
- Mythril Golem x3
- Shemhazai, Ose x2 (optional)
- Gavial, Baritine Croc x2
- Orthros, White Mousse x3
- Cúchulainn, Foobar x4 (optional)
- Deathclaw x4, Pallicant (optional)
- Antlion, Killer Mantis x4
- Vishno, Brainpan x2, Deidar x2, Crusader x16-32 (optional)
- Purobolos x6
- Aeronite x2
- Tower, Zombie Warlock x16-32 (optional)
- Hashmal, Reaver x2 (optional)
- Famfrit, Abaddon x3 (optional)
- Helvinek, Oversoul x2
- War-chief Supinelu, Garif Adventurer x2
- Deathscythe, Reaper x2
- Tyrant, Piscodaemon x3
- Larva Eater, Elvoret x4
- Helm-Rook x2, Spinner-Rook x2, Sphere-Rook x2
- Trickster, Black Chocobo, Red Chocobo, Brown Chocobo, Green Chocobo
- Ba’Gamnan, Rinok (optional), Gijuk (optional), Bwagi (optional)
- Monid, Bangaa Hunter x2, Rabanastre Watch x2
- Baknamy (sword) x2, Baknamy (gun) x3, Baknamy x3
- Vorpal Bunny, Biding Mantis (optional), Vampyr (optional)
- Ozmone Hare, Mu, Wyrdhare, Vorpal Bunny, Fury
- Humbaba Mistant x2, Vorres (optional)
- Deathgaze, Vyraal x2
- Master Joe, Bangaa Pugilist x5
- Shield Wyrm, Dheed
- Exodus, Golem x2 (optional)
- Wild Malboro, Cassie x4 (optional), Spee (optional)
- Carrot, Vivian x4 (optional), Crypt Bunny (optional)
- Krjn, Viera Hunter x5
- Diabolos, Avenger, Overlord
- Salamand Entite, Fire Elemental x4
- Mardu Entite, Storm Elemental x4
- Leshach Entite, Ice Elemental x4
- Gnoma Entite, Earth Elemental x4
- Undin Entite, Water Elemental x4
- Sylphi Entite, Air Elemental x4
- Luxollid, Diakon Entite x2
- Vagrant Soul, Leamonde Entite x2
- Zeromus, Dark Lord x120-240 (optional)
- High Reaver x2, Reaver x3, Crystal Knight (optional)
- Giruveganus x3
- Chaos, Air Chaosjet (optional), Earth Chaosjet (optional), Fire Chaosjet (optional), Water Chaosjet (optional)
- Pylraster, Abelisk, Terror Tyrant
- Rikken, Elza, Pirates x6
- Hell Wyrm
- Disma, Forbidden x32-48 (optional), Evil Spirit (optional)
- Behemoth King
- Magick Pot, Hecteyes x72-144 (optional)
- Shadowseer, Fenrir, Slyt, Pandaemonium, Phoenix
- Lv.99 Red Chocobo x3
- Gilgamesh, Enkidu (optional)
- Abysteel x36-72, Glaring Eye (optional)
- Omega Mark XII
- Judge Gabranth, Judge Ghis, Judge Bergan, Judge Drace, Judge Zargabaath
Stage 99: Omega Mark XII
Omega Mark XII can be trivialized by casting Decoy and Reverse on your tank, as well as Berserk and Haste. However, be sure to not end the battle with everyone inflicted with Reverse or stage 100 will be a nightmare.
Stage 100: The Judges
If you begin stage 100 with any characters inflicted with Reverse, remove it immediately with Esuna or Esunaga. This is because Judge Ghis will use Elixirs on characters inflicted with Reverse, bringing them down to 1 HP and 0 MP. The other Judges will throw X-Potions and Hi Potions.
I HIGHLY recommend using Nihopalaoa accessory. When equipped on a character with all three Remedy Lore licenses unlocked, throw a Remedy at Judge Ghis first. This will inflict him with Disease. Throw one at Drace to inflict Confuse, Blind, Immobilize, Blind and Disease. Throw one at Zargabaath to inflict Sleep and Silence and throw one at Bergan to inflict Disease. Note that even under Immobilize, Drace can still buff up the other Judges.
A popular method to completing this trial is to abuse Zodiark’s Final Eclipse attack. This attack deals 60,000 damage to all judges, and can be replenished and re-used by using Elixirs. Between Zodiark summons, be sure to reapply any and all debuffs and status ailments to the judges. If it comes to a point where only Zargabaath and Gabranth are the last judges alive, you must keep Zargabaath asleep. He can throw elixirs at Gabranth and completely heal any progress you’ve made on him.
- Rangers of Oblivion: Best Weapon Guide
- Stone Story RPG: All Enemies Guide in 5 Star Level
- Kao the Kangaroo: Round 2 – 100% Achievements
- Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest – Speed Runner Achievement
- Man of the House: All Collectible Locations