For Dyson Sphere Program players, this guide provides a Python script to manipulate production chains. Let’s check it out.
What is it ?
This is a python script that allows you to manipulate production chain.
It does NOT allow you to manipulate game data
What can you do with this script ?
- Node : displaying the complete or partial production chain of a component/building (with production/sec and factory numbers needed to achieve it)
- Total : displaying a listing of all components in a chain with no duplicates (ex : if several items in a chain need iron ingots, the production/sec will be summed in order to appear only once)
- Totals can be combined (for ex you want to produce Tesla Towers and Conveyor Belts, their totals can be summed up listing you everything you will need)
- you can get lists of products that uses a specific item either directly or indirectly (indirectly meaning as long as it does appear somewhere in the chain of a product)
How to install
It is assumed you know how to download from github :
- Download python 3 https://www.python.org/downloads/
- Download dyson.py form github
- if you are not familiar with python or any other programming language, it might be a little tough for you, and was not designed with you in mind. However follow the next steps, and you will be relatively fine
- Open Idle (Python console/editor), then : file > open > pick the downloaded file “dyson.py”
- read the block enclosed inside triple double quote at the beggining of the file, this is the manual with examples
- click : Run > Run Module
- now you are in the console and the file is loaded, just type the commands described into the manual to use it
!!! Important NOTES !!!
- The available components/buildings list is not complete, but most of it is in : every research unlocked by green matrix is missing.
- alternate recipes are missing, because i did not want to deal with the hassle of handling that possibility
- recipe of silicon ore made from stone is not included : I just never use it and mine silicon directly, I assumed it would be the same for the vast majority of you.
- Front end are boring to code, and I am too lazy to make it, if anyone wants to do it, feel free, you have my blessing.
Credit to N Tokusu
- Dyson Sphere Program Matrix Production Guide
- Dyson Sphere Program How to Run the Game in 30fps (or Any Other Value)
- Dyson Sphere Program Giant Seed (Red, Blue, White Giant and More)
- Dyson Sphere Program Main Bus Design Guide
- Dyson Sphere Program Basic and Advanced Power & Production Math Stuff