For Dwarf Fortress players, this is a quick guide for uploading mods to Steam Workshop, let’s check it out how.
How to Upload
Make your edits to the files you need.
Take those files and place them into an “objects” or “graphics” folder (or both if you have graphics with your mod)
Make a separate folder for your mod, call it whatever the name of your mod is: “ExampleMod”
Place “ExampleMod” into mod_upload located at: Dwarf Fortress\mods\mod_upload
Make a text file called info.txt
Fill out the information inside:
(I’m using my mod as an example of how yours should look)
[NAME:Foreign Equipment Smithing]
[DESCRIPTION:Allows your dwarves to unravel the secrets of crafting foreign weaponry such as scimitars, halberds and blowdarts]
[STEAM_TITLE:Foreign Equipment Smithing]
[STEAM_DESCRIPTION:Allows your dwarves to unravel the secrets of crafting foreign weaponry such as scimitars, halberds and blowdarts]
Go ahead and save that file, boot up Dwarf Fortress and select the “Mod” tab, click on “Publish” and you should be good to go.
The file structure stumped me the most, so I’ll leave it here as an example!
- Dwarf Fortress Replace the Classic ASCII Tileset & Glyphs
- Dwarf Fortress All Material Colors Reference Guide
- Dwarf Fortress Basic Trading Guide for New Player
- Dwarf Fortress Force Militia to Equip Boots & Gauntlets
- Dwarf Fortress How to Safely Transform Creatures in Worldgen