Drift86 is a indie racing game. here are some points to guide you how to drift. if you have any problem. you can leave your comment at the end of this post.
Drifting is mostly about feeling it, which you can only learn by trying sadly.
However, there’s a few general points:
– use the accelerator to stay close to the inside of your drift. Let the gas go and you’ll slide out, keep it on too much and you’ll hit the wall
– start the drift early and don’t hesitate to go slow,you’ll have better control
– use left and right to extend the drift or keep it tight. If you’re drifting to the right, use right to keep turning the car towards the inside or use left to right yourself out and make the car go straight
– handbraking/braking can help you correct your angle, but you have to try it out.
– if you want to go from a right drift to a left drift (for example), which I think is called inertia drifting or something, let go of the gas until you’ve turned fully
All in all, it’s mostly about gas control and your lines. Don’t hesitate to only use gas when you’ve started your drift and to try and drift under 80-90 km/h
I’m sure someone more knowledgeable can help you more, but I had difficulties in the beginning as well and that’s what I found helped.
Written by Moe
- Assetto Corsa: How To Drift
- CarX Drift Racing Online: Tuning Guide for Keyboard (All Cars)
- Drift86: Xbox One Controller Settings and Config File
- STAR WARS™: Squadrons Drifting Guide
- Yakuza Kiwami 2: Advanced Golfing Guide