For DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of An Elusive Age players, this is a short guide that shows you how to getting the game running on Linux! Let’s check it out.
THINGS I HAVEN’T TESTED:
- Completing the game (I want to enjoy it so it’s gonna take 60 hours)
- Changing the language
- Changing the music
- Getting past the tutorial (I just wanted to make sure I could play this later)
- Getting new party members
- 2D mode
Basically I’m at the point of the first battle with the initial 3 slimes. Given my experience with other games and the original version of this game, once you actually get into in-game engine you should be fine (this game is fairly un-intensive so there isn’t much to worry about in terms of graphical artefacts)
All in all, this game seems to run just fine under Linux (with Proton) and I look forward to playing this again over Christmas. If you are having issues, please:
- Update your system (including drivers if you are using propitiatory)
- Update to Proton-5.21-GE-1
- Ensure Steam is up to date
- Ensure that the Steam Runtime Library is up to date
- Check the integrity of the game’s files
Have fun playing DQXI, it’s a great game!
That’s all we are sharing today in DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of An Elusive Age How to Play on Linux, if there are anything you want to add please feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll see you soon.
Credit to GhostCode