For Dome Keeper player who are looking for tips to get started, this guide will share you 10 pieces of knowldge to help figure out where to start with the excellent Dome Keeper.
10 Things to know to get started…
To help you get along with your journey of pillaging and plundering historical relics from worlds around the galaxy, here is a small list of knowledge to make those first couple of drops easier:
- The only way to die is to lose your dome to the aliens you fight, this means prioritising your offence/defence there, as everything else can wait.
- A good offence is the best defence – this is a DPS kind of a game. You will find that some things (the flying stuff) are quite high damage but fairly easy to kill, so better to prioritise carefully.
- Early start – for the mining part during the first couple of waves, focus on iron (squares) – the other resources are useful once you’ve got yourself upgraded a little.
- Build order should include : drill upgrade and alien warning system first. This allows you to mine more (and your early speed is dependent on drill more than flight…) and know how long you have before you need to come home.
- Dont be afraid to use the cobalt (triangles) to heal yourself when you have them. Better to have full health and nothing in the bank than die with a pocket full of triangles…
- …On that note: you can Q out of a battle in the middle and quickly D in to the upgrade screen to heal yourself. Do be quick though, coz you can die in the process!
- What about those cool upgrades? Some are better than others, but it’s preference. Probe is useful, the lift and teleporter are both excellent. The blaster and Drilbert not so much… but play with them all.
- Some upgrades you buy (e.g. the Shield Overcharge) put a machine in your dome, so to activate it you have to go over and press SPACE. This isn’t explained, but there you go.
- Unlocks are based on things you do to play the game… e.g. The Orchard is unlocked if you use Repellant…
- Mining difficulty comes from depth (by colour) and density (visible in the blocks). Prioritise clearing each layer by colour before exploring too deeply, as it is harder to mine… on the other hand, the really big deposits are usually lower, so when you are ready to mine and carry more, thats when to go deep!
That’s all we are sharing today in Dome Keeper 10 Tips to Get Started, if you have anything to add, please feel free to leave a comment below, you can also read the original article here, all the credits goes to the original author neurotoxicity
- Dome Keeper Tips and Strategies Guide
- Dome Keeper How to Go Infinite
- Dome Keeper Quick Finish Achievement Guide