If you play Darkwood and looking for some useful tips, or the hidden mechanics in the game, this guide will explain, let’s check it out.
1) Bike Man will drink all the Alcohol when moving your items from hideout to hideout (with the exception of the last Swamp Hideout. You can’t call him there). Take the Alcohol with you or you’ll end up with Empty Bottles.
= To ‘summon’ Bike Man you have to use a Bike Bell
2) You can’t loot a Corpse saying OPEN because it will explode and it will deal poison damage.
= You can disarm them from a safe distance by throwing a Rock on them. The same can be done with Poisonous Mushrooms
3) Try to not let the light go outside the hideout and stay still since that gets the attention of the enemies, makes them more aggressive and they will want to investigate the source of the light and sound.
4) Red Egg and Dead Rat will give you Essence. Embryo also gives Essence but when eaten in Hard Difficulty it will grant you 1 extra life.
= With every hideout you get more essence for every item so safe these if you want because they won’t rot.
5) Nightfall starts at 19;30 and Night at 20;00. Turn the Generator on at 19;40 and that should be enough time.
6) When you hear knocking open the door or stay near it if it’s barricaded. It is a Wedding Invitation. However for it to be an Invitation you need to be in the first / Dry Meadow Hideout. If the knocks slowly start to get louder and louder and you don’t hear any grunting or growling behind the door it is random loot.
7) Stuff like a Steering Wheel, Battery or a Wheel is for a quest. You can keep it thrown on the floor and it will not despawn or disappear
8) Empty Bottles can be thrown and used as a trap that you can walk on without taking any damage and it can stack on top of a Bear/Chain Trap for extra damage to an enemy.
= They will disappear when enemy walks on them. You can place them somewhat strategically to find out where the enemies go throught at Night or if they tried to go around your barricade.
9) Pills (capsules) is the best healing item. It heals almost instantly. Stock up on those because they are really useful in a fight when there is no time to slowly regenerate.
= It is better to use Bandages when enemies are not around because it’s very easy to craft them.
10) Shell obtained from a Huge Bug is used for crafting Light Armor so it’s useful to kill those ‘little’ buggers.
11) You can kill a Rabbit for Odd Meat. They can be killed with a Rock so you can save durability and ammo.
12) Killing an Elk is not worth it and it’s a waste of resources and time because it only gives you his Antlers that cost only 100 reputation which you can get easily with other methods.
13) When you see flying Crows during the day that means there is a lootable Corpse somewhere in the direction they flew away from. When you see them during night you are in danger because a Banshee spawned somewhere near the hideout.
- Cyberpunk 2077 How to Obtain Jackie’s Bike and Guns
- A Week of Circus Terror: 100% Walkthrough With Achievements
- Wounded – The Beginning Achievement Guide
- Terraria: How to Survive Night One
- Layers of Fear: Collectibles Guide