Allowed on AStats
Find more achievement fixes hereTwo 100pAG group events are scheduled in for this if your looking for people to do it with.
These are in for the next two upcoming Saturdays. If you have a Mac or are able to sort out a KVM VM or Hackintosh for these events feel free to drop by. Just make sure to read the requirements in this guide, and make sure you can boot the game on Mac beforehand.
Event times here: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/100pAG/events
- Own the Mac edition of multiplayer (Call of Duty: Black Ops – Multiplayer OSX)
- Own a Mac running OS X version Mojave (10.14.6) or older
If you own a Mac that is on a higher firmware than listed you’ll need to either downgrade, or setup a dual boot with Mojave running on a new APFS partition. This is due to higher firmware not supporting the running of 32bit applications which the Mac edition of Black Ops is.
If you don’t own a Mac you still have some options on being able to run Mac OS on your current machine. These are either running a Hackintosh or a QEMU/KVM VM with GPU passthrough. It’s important to note though going this route the game itself may be incompatible with certain GPU’s, same with Mac OS itself. I won’t cover in this guide how to do either of these as it’ll require it’s own and theres already some great resources regarding these topics online already. Searching online with the method names above should help.
How does it work?
This fix only works due to the Mac wager match servers still being online. This is a temporary fix and will only allow the Windows wager match achievement to be unlockable until the mac multiplayer servers are pulled offline by Aspyr. This is highly likely to happen at some point in the near future since it became a removed game 1.5 years ago.
By placing a steam_appid.txt file in the executable folder of the Mac Multiplayer version when launching the Mac Multiplayer version from the executable this causes Steam to launch the game under the Windows multiplayer name. This means when the game goes to unlock the In the Money wager match achievement it’ll unlock it against the Windows edition.
Step 1: Create the steam_appid.txt file
- Open TextEdit
- Click Format in the top and select “Make Plain Text”
- Type “42710” into the file
- Save this file to your desktop as steam_appid.txt
You should now have a steam_appid.txt saved on your desktop with the number 42710 inside it.
Step 2: Placing the file in your game directory
- Right click on the installed Mac Multiplayer in your Steam library and select properties
- Select Local Files in the new dialog
- Select the Browse… button
- Right click on “Call of Duty” -> Show Package Contents
- Open the Contents folder
- Right click on “Call of Duty: Black Ops” (Red one, 24.1MB) -> Show Package Contents
- Open the Contents -> MacOS folder
- Drag the saved steam_appid.txt you created from step 1 into this folder
You should now have a steam_appid.txt alongside the AppCoDMP executable.
Step 3: Unlocking the achievement
- Launch the game by opening AppCoDMP in the folder you placed the steam_appid.txt into from Step 2
- Earn some COD points by playing or boosting on the ranked multiplayer servers
- Join a wager match server with 5 other players for 3000 cod points (if you leave in pre match you keep your points)
- If you all tie in the match for first place you’ll all return out with your 3000 cod points buy in. For the progress to count make sure you don’t get idle kicked and land in the top three of the game. If boosting tieing the game will work.
Steam should show you as running the Call of Duty: Black Ops – Multiplayer instead of Call of Duty: Black Ops – Multiplayer OSX during this step.
- Aliens: Colonial Marines – Unlock Challenges, Skills and Weapons Rewards
- Half-Life: Source – How to Run Flawlessly
- GUN: How to Fix Crash to Desktop
- League of Maidens How to Fix Infinite Loading, Steam Overlay and Stall
- ISEKAI QUEST Uncensor 18 Patch (Without True Vision DLC)