For Astral Ascent players, this guide provides early tips, and a link to a google docs and there we will dump all of our gameplay knowledge
Here you have the link Google Docs so you can contribute and be part of this collective guide
I will write down now the 2 or 3 things I think it’s important to know, but this will evolve as the game does
- Try to talk with everyone between runs.
- Use all your sunflowers to upgrade before starting a new run.
- You can scrap everything you find and don’t need, such as Auras, Spells or Gambits. They give you back different things, but they always are something that you will need as you keep clearing rooms.
- Chameleon boost to get keys, quartz or gambits stays from one area to another, but not between different runs, so you shouldn’t worry too much if you don’t get him to pay out.
- Always try to keep 3 or more keys with you. The things you can unlock with them are so important that if you don’t have enough, I think you should always try to prioritize them.
- There are 3 types of spells:
- Attack Spells: The ones you use to kill enemies. You can have 4 at any moment. You must use all four to use the first one again. They consume mana.
- Utility Spells: Extra spells that give you nice little bonuses.
- Auras: Passives. They vary from basic attack extra effects to extra effects when a specific status goes away and other things. At the start you have only one slot, but you can upgrade it. (Thank, ZimZim)
- Here is what every type of room does:
- Fight Room: Fight 3 or so waves of enemies and get your reward.
- Exploration Room: Go to the end of the level, slaying monsters and getting chests and quartz along the way. You can speedrun them or you can take your time, because sometimes there are some places that have extra rewards and if you go fast you will not see them most of the time.
- Andromeda’s Bar: Exchange your stars for power ups (Health, Power or Attack Speed).
- Pavo’s Ruins: Free spell upgrade once everytime you go in. Further upgrades in the same visit will cost you health.
- Cestus: Free gambits.
- Void: Minibosses. Quite challenging but also very rewarding.
- Quiet Room: Restore health and mana.
- Shop: Buy things like spells, gambits or use your quartz to buy heal shards.
- Yalee Kingdom: Not really sure, but I think you get here free auras.