If you are playing Ascension Expansions and find that there are too many expansions or sets, do not know which combination of sets to choose, this guide will help you out.
List of Expansion
- 0.[CotG] Chronicle of the Godslayer : The basic game
- 1.[RotF] Return of the Fallen
- 2.[SoS] Storm of Souls
- 3.[IH] Immortal Heroes
- 4.[RoV] Rise of Vigil
- 5.[DU] Darkness Unleashed
- 6.[RU] Realms Unraveled
- 7.[DoC] Dawn of Champions
- 8.[DS] Dreamscape
- 9.[WoS] War of Shadows
- 10.[GotE] Gift of the Elements
- 11.[VotA] Valley of Ancients
- 12.[DLRM] Delirium
- 13.[DLV] Deliverance
Every expansion above can be played alone without the basic game, by design.
Since some sets share same mechanics, there are some combinations, which work together.
- 0+1: CotG + RotF: Chronicles of the Godslayer & Return of the Fallen
- 2+3: SoS + IH: Storm of Souls & Immortal Heroes – for the Event cards
- 4+5: RoV + DU: Rise of Vigil & Darkness Unleashed – for Treasure and Transform
- 6+7: RU + DoC: Realms Unraveled & Dawn of Champions – for multi-facition heros, constructs, and synergies between them
- 8+12+13: DS + DLRM + DLV: Dreamscape & Delirium & Deliverance [No Recommended for Balance] – for Insight Mechanic
Note: Gift of the Elements (10)[GotE], can play well with many sets. You can try it out yourself.
- Good: 2+3; 8; 0+1
- Mid: 12; 13; 9; 11
- Bad: 4+5; 10; 6; 7: 6+7
Combination Progress for Newbie
- 2 Player: Recommended;
- 3 Players: Highly Recommended;
- 4 and more: Not Recommended.